X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baghdad Pups

http://baghdadpups.com/

thought this was cool. Basically, for those who haven't heard about it... over in Iraq some of the soldiers found stray dogs. And you know guys with dogs... they ended up befriending the doggies - and often actually saving their lives - but found they weren't allowed to keep them.

So, Operational Baghdad Pups helps those soldiers in getting their rescued dogs back home where it's safer.

That's so heartwarming! I remember an article from a few years back where this soldier found this cat in Iraq who hunted all the rodents in the quarters and named him PFC.Hammer. After much effort, the soldier got to have the kitty come to the states with him.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

yeah one of the stories i read... the guy had found a stray dog and fed it... he got to the point where the dog felt safe enough to come into the camp and eat out of his hand. it broke his heart when they had to move camp - and the new one was quite a few miles away (i want to say 70 but i'm not sure). the dog chased the jeeps until they went too far away.

then... two or 3 days later... the dog showed up. The soldier commented that "he looked like he'd been through a war zo... he HAD been through a war zone!" after that, there was nothing he wouldn't do to keep that dog safe.

it took a while, but he was finally able to send him home.

Comment

Working...
      X