• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To be sent to corporate everywhere

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_New...r_health/2772/
    Grin and bear it dangerous to health
    MOD NOTE: ADD A DESCRIPTION
    Last edited by Broomjockey; 05-18-2008, 08:46 PM.

I don't think a study even needed to be done. Of course people who have to "grin and bear it" over long periods of time are prone to the effects of long term stress. Stress can affect many parts of the body, from vain things like weight gain and acne to serious problems like high blood pressure and a weakened immune system.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I second that...but there are more serious consequences with that....digestive problems and if it gets to a real bad point it could lead to heart attack and/or stroke.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Not to mention getting really really hyper-violent to family and friends.
        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

But here's where we ask the question....what do we do? Do we find another job? What if you have no other options as far as getting a job with decent pay, affordable insurance and paid vacation and time off?

I did the easy thing and just became like everyone else so most of the pressure is off. But that's not to say I'm never put in a position anymore to grin and bear it. I thought quitting training was the answer, but I still get shit night in and night out....

What do we do when our current job is our only option? Do we get psychological help? Do we quit? We certainly can't "grin and bear it" the rest of our lives..
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
          X