X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veggie Pride Parade

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080518/...H_FFz6nq0uQE4F

The Veggie Pride Parade in New York City (where else...?).

Ironically, it goes through the Meatpacking District.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Quoth The Article
    and the ethical treatment of animals.
    And that's where they lost me.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
      And that's where they lost me.
      Look, I know it's cool on the internet to pretend various forms of cruelty (to humans, emos, animals, etc.) are cool and funny, but comments like that are really offensive to people who dedicate a great deal of time and effort to animal rescue. I know I'm not the only one on the board who is very much a proponent of animal welfare and donates a great deal of time to community outreach and education for these goals. Whether you agree with vegetarianism or not (and I'm a meat eater, so take that as you will) it's not really amusing to downgrade others' hard work with a "joke" like that.

I saw in another thread where you got offended by the supposition that chivalry comes from chauvinism. See, you were upset because someone made an offhand comment based on their personal beliefs which happened to devalue a personal commitment you have made to behave in a certain way. Then you wandered over in this thread and devalued the personal committments of others on this board to work to prevent the abuse and neglect of animals.
      My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Saydrah,

I understand your point of view, I really do. The number of people who fail to see the value in my own work offends me on a daily basis. Heck, even my own sister believes it has no value.

Your message, though, is getting lost in your posts. This is the second time I've noticed what is nearly an all out attack from you (the other one was directed at me). People who are being attacked do not listen very well.

Just a suggestion that you might want to tone it down a little bit. And a hope that your lack of response to my PM a few weeks ago doesn't mean you've got me on ignore.

Comment

Actually it probably means my PM box was full. I had to clean it several times recently- I hate to throw out old messages. I don't recall getting a PM from you, and I just checked my inbox. There isn't one there from you, so either I accidentally deleted it while tidying, or it bounced because my box was full.

CS has an ignore function? O_o
          My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

You just made a whole mess of assumptions there, proving the the mental comment I made to myself: this thread was better suited for Fratching, and I should have closed it straight off.
            Last edited by Broomjockey; 05-19-2008, 04:57 AM. Reason: re-org
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
            X