X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paging Mr. Darwin...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,2972556.story

POMPANO BEACH - A collision between an Amtrak train and a car killed a man in his 30s at a crossing on West Atlantic Boulevard this morning.
    I'll give you 3 guesses of where the fatality was and the first two don't count.

Sheesh. There is a reason why they have signs saying "DO NOT STOP ON TRACKS" even though I'd think it is common sense. Trains do not stop on a dime, especially one traveling at 79 miles per hour.

The math is simple, Train vs. car - the car will always lose (unless it is a model train).

It's sad that the guy died, but what a dumbass.

Yes, traffic can be bad in this location (I went though there today and I must have just missed it since I went though there about 9:30 also) but come on, if you cannot get all the way across, then DON'T FO ON THE TRACKS.

Edit: Some of the comments are hilarious.
    Last edited by draggar; 05-20-2008, 09:33 PM.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

I have seen people try to beat trains when that crossing alarm goes off and the vehicles are racing to make the tracks before those guards go down.

I have also seen the results of such matches when the smaller vehicle FAILS at speed-crossing.

*shakes head*
    ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Sadly, no darwin award.

The reason is that it wasn't an outstanding misapplication of common sense. It's to common to qualify.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
      X