This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Cruise Line's Parting Gift For The Complaining Couple

After all this, the cruise line said "enough is enough" and sent them a nice little parting gift.....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24711659/

Don't you just LOVE happy endings....
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

I think the only reason they had six cruises is because of something legit in the first that made them go, "Hmmm can we do that again?" and again they did...such is the start of a SC.

Good for the cruise line.

Comment

i don't know if they were SCs or not...

personally if i had sewage spill into my room i'd be pissed too.
      (no pun intended)

Comment

I think they were just starting out SC's, not the full blown kind.

Comment

Ummm....if you were having so many problems on Royal Caribbean cruises, wouldn't you just stop taking cruises with them?

Sounds to me like the problems they encountered were always bad enough to warrant compensation of some sort, but never bad enough to make them stop patronizing Royal Caribbean.

Also sounds like a win-win situation for both parties. The complainers found a cruise line more to their liking, and Royal Caribbean is rid of a couple of PITA customers.

BTW, here's a PFB discussion about the issue. I love how they make Royal Caribbean out to be the mean corporate ogre banning the Morons (oops, I mean the Morans, honest mistake ) for daring to share their experiences. If they would've done any research they would've found it wasn't just a one-time thing.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I know with companies, if you are compensated it is a huge nono to publise the details. She was warned and warned fairly. I think the time is coming when businesses simply cant afford to keep costly customers.

It seems that every cruise they had, they complained and were given some form of discount. They then publised that fact, so others im guessing could learn and do the same. A company cant do that, look at the banks in America right now, BOA I think is closing "bad" accounts when customers are costing them money.

My company has a black list of customers that grows every year, customer who demand special treatment and cost us money. Every year during peak season, customers whos cargo doesnt yield high enough profit are rolled from their spaces on the ships. Its the same with human cargo (cruise ships)

you cost us money, we dont want you, we simply cant afford you.
            I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Their complaints seemed legitimate. Sewage in the room? Definitely entitled there to some compensation. That is more than just being out of forks.

Where they went awry was to post what they received from RC. It's really tacky to say "hey, I complained and LOOK WHAT I GOT!"

Yeah, that's a real "thank you" to folks who are actually trying to make things right.
              "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Raw sewage seeps into the carpet of their cabin, and they are not allowed to switch cabins. They must endure the stench of human waste for the duration of the cruise. The proffered compensation is a measly 20% off their next cruise.

I think we can all agree, that if true, that's completely unacceptable.

But I think the cruise line's issue was that if the 20% wasn't enough, the Morans should have turned it down and asked for more (I sure as hell would have.) Instead, they chose to accept the discount, which implies that the matter has been resolved. Then they disingenuously start to complain online. The right thing to do would have been to deal with the cruise line directly and maturely and work something out.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

I would say this. I sailed on Carnival two months ago, and if I had any issues, but I was compensated and the situation was rectified and they at least tried, I certainly would be compelled to share my experience here and elsewhere. Not to bash the company, but to say "hey, there were a few snags, but I know it wasn't intentional, and they handled it pretty well"
                  If the situation was not handled well, I would deal with the cruise line directly first, and get everything straightened out before I say anything to anyone. But ultimately, I will say something about it, be it good or bad, depending on how the company handled it. I am also not a SC, so I know when the situation warrants a stronger response.

On that note, I sailed on the Carnival Elation back in March. I highly suggest them, I had a blast, and the crew was purely awesome. They employ staff from all over the world. I had an awesome discussion from one of the concierge girls who was from Serbia, about differences in weather and culture. I think I talked to her for about 2 hours. The cruise director was from Australia and he was a riot to talk to.
                  "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

Working...
                  X