This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And HOW many legs does it have?

I’m trying to get a pack for my dog. It’s a small backpack (for a dog) that I can fill with weights for strength training or just random gear so I don’t have to carry everything when I take the mutt hiking. I can’t seem to find one online, I put ‘dog pack’ in the search bar and get this outrage!!

http://www.petco.com/product/100212/...ller-Plus.aspx

IT’S A 4-LEGGED F***ING ANIMAL!! IT CAN WALK ITSELF!!

This in my opinion is worse then putting a dog in a purse or backpack... The purse implies you're retarded like Paris Hilton; But to me, the stroller implies that you've taken the whole "my dog is my baby!" idea too far. Do you breastfeed it too, creep-ass?
    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

There are no words...
    Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

I forget where my mom saw it, but it was a program or ad for rescued animals, and it featured a Yorkshire Terrier (I believe, small dog anyway) whose leg muscles had pretty much atrophied from being carried around everywhere as an accessory. Made us both sick just thinking about it.
      "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

Pet...stroller???
        I can understand for an older dog that doesn't have the stamina of a puppy, yeah. but for Hopper? I think he'd pee on my shoes if I DARED put him in something like that.
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Are you looking for this?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0010ZDC54/...4&linkCode=asn

I typed in "backpacks for dogs" on the googlething.

But yeah... I get sick to watch these poor little doggies suffer long-term effects because their 'parents' choose to baby/coddle them to such degree.

http://www.dog.com/item/the-quick-re...ccode=PRICEGRB This one's nice too. I'd be half tempted to do something like that with my cat, but she'd kill me for even just thinking about it. xD

She has a hard enough time with her collar.
          "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

I actually have a coworker here who has one of those for her cat, so they can take her outside and get her to a safe place to put her down and let her run and play without having to worry about her getting loose from being carried or that some strange dog might come running up from a blind spot and jump on her if she were on a leash. Neither she or her husband have particularly strong arms so they probably couldn't hold a leash or carry a carrier very easily.

I definitely would use it for my cat's vet trips, since it'd be a lot easier to push him in a stroller than try to lug him in a big, bulky cat carrier while he throws himself back and forth (he's nearly killed both of us in that thing several times). So I can actually see plenty of uses for this.

I know ya'll are talking about the bad uses, but I see the good ones, myself.
            "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

My name is Princess-Snake and I own a pet stroller. It kind of looks like the one in the picture, only it's blue not pink. I got it two months ago. But it's not for pets, it's for me. Or my IV backpack to be more specific. You know how I'm always complaining my backpack is killing my back? Well, since I've started going on walks everyday, the pain got worse. So my mom bought me a pet stroller to carry the backpack. (She originally bought it for the dog, but he went completely psycho about five minutes after she placed him in.) So now, my backpack is in the stroller during my walks and during any other outings. (Not work though)
              You should see the looks people give me when they see the stroller and then the short little girl pushing it. I was at the hospital last week for a check-up. I mentioned to the guy I was going into the pediatric's department and he was having a hard time finding out the code or something. (first day on the job) So he asks another secretary and she looks at me and the stroller I brought with me and asks, "Which doctor is the baby seeing?" She was apologetic when she realised that the "baby" was an IV. Other patients in the waiting room, though, gave me crap because they thought I was a teenage mother.
              "But I don't want to be among mad people."
              You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

Comment

I have two Yorkshire terriers (one 5 pounds and the other 15 pounds) and wouldn't put my dog in one of those. I have seen many who do it though. I can understand though if you have a reeeeally old dog with bad knees or something and are unable to carry it or like what MystyGlyttyr wrote.

I do however own a dog carrier type thing for my smaller Yorkie because she is afraid of larger dogs and for some reason when she is in a crowd, she will get stepped on. This doesn't happen to my other dog though. I only use it when I go to events in my city such as what we call (for some strange reason ) the Watermelon Festival which has people selling food, knick-knacks, clothing, jewelry, etc. And many people come with their dogs.

What I use for her looks something like this:

The straps on mine are longer though and it doesn't have spots on it. The carrier uses a strip of velcro to secure the dog.

And before anyone flames me, I rarely go to these events and use it only while I am there. I also know that my dogs are not accessories, and they are not my babies, though I do love them very much. And my dog actually enjoy it because it gets her away from the other dogs and the feet (she HATES feet ) of those that can step on her. And I do take her out of it periodically though when we are in a less populated area of the festival.

I have received many, many compliments on it, especially from other Yorkie owners.

But trust me, I would be caught dead before using something like this thing I just found:

That one is just........ words cannot describe.
                "...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?!" ~ Kalga

"DO NOT ENRAGE THE MIGHTY SKY DRAGON." ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

That first one is actually a really good idea, lets them run around when in the open, but picked up when they're tired or might get stepped on or bullied. Similar to what we used to do using the harness, we'd pick her up (was a full chest harness, not a leash) if it was getting crowded or saw bigger dogs.
                  "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

Old people love these things. I see these all the time.

Heck, when I worked at Lowe's (almost a year ago) I would see the old people wheeling around their little toy dogs in the soft carriers, or the strollers. Sometimes they would ride in the front of the shopping cart. And always they would yap at me.

This is just insane.

Why can't I think of a useless product for people with too much discretionary income?
                    Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

I use to work for a pet supply company. There are some interesting products out there! As for what you are looking for. A quick look on their site, and I found this:
                      http://www.carealotpets.com/item-detail/?ItemID=4615B

Comment

Quoth Aramika View Post
                        That one is just........ words cannot describe.

When I saw what this thread was about I thought immediately of Bucky Kat from "Get Fuzzy." And you found his carrier!

Comment

Quoth Knightmare View Post
                          Why can't I think of a useless product for people with too much discretionary income?
                          Dehydrated Water

Fire Proof Matches

Ice Sculpture Fire Guard

Motorcycle Ashtray

Transparent Curtains

Lens Cap Glue

I think thats enough for you to be getting on with, but I want 20% of the royalties!
                          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
                          X