X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Potter actor stabbed to death.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080524/..._actor_stabbed

Granted, it's a small part in a upcoming Harry Potter movie, but that wouldn't have made you clink the thread title now would it?
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, sir.

*walks away in my driving cap and my crutch-arm-thing*
    Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Changed title to both reflect content and PREVENT HEART ATTACKS YOU EVIL EVIL PERSON! j/k
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Next time I'm kicking you in teeth, remind me to wear steel-toed boots.
        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

*clutches heart*
          YE GODS! I thought Hagrid was a goner! Hagrid....
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Guys...someone lost his life we should at least give him a moment.

I hope his family does well in this time of trouble...there have been too many bar stabbings in the papers and on the news. One town not to far from me just had three over the past couple weeks. What is wrong with other people?

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                What is wrong with other people?
                They're PEOPLE. That's what's wrong with people.

Yes, I am in HATE THE HUMAN RACE I WISH I WAS A DOG INSTEAD mode. Don't know why.
                Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I've always thought our race was a bit weird...and a bit demented. I mean we're very fickle creatures... too much energy in us and we die, too little and we die...

too much water, we die
                  to little water, we die
                  to much heat, we die
                  to much cold, we die
                  to much sun, we die
                  to little sun, we die

My gods it's amazing we've lasted this long and just to end up hurting our own specie...

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                    there have been too many bar stabbings in the papers and on the news.
                    Indeed, from April to November last year 1,273 people under the age of 20 were stabbed or shot in London.

The MPS has a lot of work to do.
                    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                      Indeed, from April to November last year 1,273 people under the age of 20 were stabbed or shot in London.

The MPS has a lot of work to do.
                      Gods that just made me sick to my stomach...

Comment

I've heard a bit about the knife violence among youths...and something about new knife rules or something over in the UK? I'm a bit sketchy on that sort of thing. It sounds like it's a big problem.

It's sad that someone lost their life. RIP, dude.

Comment

Quoth Rine View Post
                          I've heard a bit about the knife violence among youths...and something about new knife rules or something over in the UK? I'm a bit sketchy on that sort of thing. It sounds like it's a big problem.

It's sad that someone lost their life. RIP, dude.
                          To be honest we don't need any further legislation on the subject of offensive weapons, its already an offense to carry either a knife or any form of offensive weapon

Knife law

A) any knife which has a blade which opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in or attached to the handle of the knife, sometimes know as a "flick knife" or "flick gun"; or
                          B) any knife which has a blade which is released from the handle or sheath thereof by the force of gravity or the application of centrifugal force and which, when released, is locked in place by means of a button, spring, lever, or other device, sometimes known as a "gravity knife".

It is an offence for any person, without lawful authority or good reason, to have with him in a public place, any article which has a blade or is sharply pointed except for a folding pocket-knife which has a cutting edge to its blade not exceeding 3 inches.

Offesive weapon law

any article made or adapted for use for causing injury to the person, or intended by the person having it with him for such use by him, or by some other person

So as you can see the legal structures are in place, we need to disrupt the cycle of carrying knives, rather than get new laws.
                          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

All the laws in the world aren't going to do a damn thing to stop violence. Never have, never will. If it comes down to it, people will use their bare hands (as seen in another recent article about random violence in the UK leading to some innocent person's death).

This is a massively serious problem that needs to be dealt with by more than just the application of the useless bandaid that weapons laws are.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                            X