This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Horrible

This weekend I was visiting my father who lives at the Lake of the Ozarks. While we were there, watching movies, he got a series of disturbing phone calls. He owns a radio station so when anything big happens his staff calls to give updates.

It seems a helicopter struggled with the strong winds and threw a tail rotor while attempting to land at the 15 mile marker at Porto Cima. The helicopter crashed into the water. At first we kept hearing varied stories as to if there were any survivors. Today, though, they finally announced what happened. Four of the people managed to get free and swim to the shore. One person, a nine year old child, did not make it. What a horrible tragedy. What sickens me is that so many people at the lake are arguing back and forth, some seeming to think that it is fine and dandy that something like this happen to someone who could afford a helicopter and a home in Porto Cima (rich side of the lake). I find that horrible. Not only that, my father knew the pilot and can vouch that he is a self-made man who started his own business and worked hard for what he has. Beyond that, the boy was just a child and such commentary is just sickening.

Here is an article from the local paper.
    http://www.lakesunleader.com/article...26/news/01.txt
    "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Quoth Heksubah View Post
    some seeming to think that it is fine and dandy that something like this happen to someone who could afford a helicopter and a home in Porto Cima (rich side of the lake). I find that horrible.<snip> Beyond that, the boy was just a child and such commentary is just sickening.

no one deserves to lose a child-and before I get flamed for saying it, I mean by death, some people deserve to have a child taken away-but not not dead.

What is wrong with people-are they that petty and jealous that they find comfort and (dare I say it) happiness in the misery/misfortune/personal tragedy of someone that is slightly better off financially than they are? Oh wait there was that woman who posted on the net about how horrible it was for her to have to go without her MMORPG for 3 days during China's period of mourning for the quake victims----yes they are that petty. kinda glad I don't consider myself human.

That's it-faith in humanity just dropped to a negative integer
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
    X