This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wesley Crusher Phasers Sucky Customer

Wil Wheaton meets an EW at a concert. Go Wil!

http://wilwheaton.typepad.com/

or

http://wilwheaton.typepad.com/wwdnba...on-the-ni.html

I was so tempted to give him the url for Customers Suck!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Have you read the replies? Lots of people are bemoaning the lack of manners at concerts / movies / restaurants / etc. nowadays. I like what "Heath" said:
      ...I think that it's at least partly to do with concerts becoming the new 'event'. People don't go becuase they're fans of the band, they go becuase they're event whores.

I've noticed it most here in Australia at the Big Day Out. When the lifestyle section of newspapers strated running features on which multiu-hundred dollar singlet-tops and pairs of cowboy boots you should wear to the festival, I really started to become cynical. And once there, there are so many asshats who don't even know who half of the bands are.

Real music fans lose out in two ways - they either can't get tickets becuase all the people going for the 'event' snatch them up first, or they do get tickets and have to suffer through people like annoying phone woman....
      Ain't that the truth.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

All I can say is that was one immature,inebriated EW for somebody in their 40's.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I'd noticed it too - used to be that if you were at a show you automatically had something in common w/ those around you - the artists you were coming to see/hear. Now it is often an "I was at..." phenomenon. I'd like to tag these people that Heath pointed out with something, but Event Whore's acronym is already taken

Comment

Working...
          X