• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hotel Soap War

clicky clicky.
    Lack of freedom can be measured directly by lack of stupid. --Penn Jillette

*ROTFL*

Poor guy. I remember when my soap dissapeared once and got replaced by little soaps. Thankfully I was able to catch the maid and talk to her in person. Kept my soap in my bag and just didn't worry about the little soaps. Think I turned in twelve at the end of my stay. But it wasn't three a day only two.

Comment

Turn in? I figure if the hotel keeps dumping them (I bring my own Ivory soap), I'm taking them.
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

The soap this one had made my skin itch...I would rather turn them in.

Comment

I couldn't believe this story when I saw it on reddit two days ago. This is why doctors prescribe Xanax.
          >++++++++[<+++++++++>-]<+.>>>++++[<++++++++>-]<.<++++++[<++++++>-]<+.>+++[<--->-]<..-.>>.<<---.>>.<+++[<+++>-]<++.---.---.-.>+++++[<----------->-]<.

Comment

I saw that years ago - it's a spoof.

Rapscallion

Comment

Thats fine if this one is a spoof but sometimes people do get weird service with room service.

The little soaps still make me itch.

Comment

Ta-Da!

Extra space
                What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

During our travels, I always take my own bath wash (specifically not soap) and use only that. But I have also taken notice that most of the hotels we frequent use brand name soaps/shampoos/etc for the ones that they leave in the bathroom. If we are staying for more than the one night, I will just move the small ones off to the side and leave them laying until we are ready to pack and leave. I do pack those in our bags prior to leaving and 'create' temporary care packs for emergency situations. We live in KY and have lots of tornadoes/straight line winds and such so there are always families needing a little something extra. You'd be amazed at the reaction some people have when they realize they get to bathe with more than just warm water, or that they get to have a little conditioner on their hair. Our church also helps those less fortunate in the community with these small 'samples' added into a basket at times.

Comment

On our last day of vacation, we stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, which makes me even smarter than I was before, if that's even possible.

Anyhoo, in the room, in addition to the normal soap, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion, they had a package on the toilet containing among other things maxi pads, a Schick Quattro razor, some Vitamin C supplement powder you mix with water and Degree Clinical Protection deodorant (that's an $8 stick of deodorant right there, folks).

Plus the comfiest bed I slept in all vacation and a nice hot breakfast.

To sum up: Holiday Inn Express is full of win.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

To sum up: Holiday Inn Express is full of win.
                      why thank you (for the record, the call center I work at right now is the parent company of Holiday Inn and an Express is where I'll be interviewing next week, I hope... wish me luck)
                      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I take my own body wash and keep those little soaps.
                        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
                        X