This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In light of what is happening in US lately

Obama winning the Nomination and his call for unity.

I present a very good slide show, to Live's " The beauty of Gray." My fave song since I first heard it in 1995.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMvyD9e1A30&NR=1

You put up something political on here the mods are gonna slice and dice this thread so much it would put Gordon Ramsay to shame.

Comment

I know but I really didn't (and don't) have any idea how to put this song up otherwise and it needs to be HEARD by everyone. (or I would've just put it up on fratching.)

Please everyone listen to the lyrics. We need to all appreciate......

Comment

Yeah but you know that'll never happen in all of the real world. We all live under one flag but it doesn't mean we have to "be together". If that was so then we wouldn't have broken families and the sky-high divorce rate that we not only have, but is now no longer taboo but has now been accepted by the majority.

Comment

do NOT try to tell me about the REAL WORLD!

was my husband there for my son's graduation from Pre-K. NO he wasn't he was deployed, was he there for his daughter's first steps, first tooth, first time she held the bottle on her own NO. And then he missed her potty training, when he was deployed again. Andyou know what I saw many women leave their husbands due to the same shit.

I am still with him and will be forever and half. SO DO NOT TELL ME TO LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD.

Comment

Titi, I don't blame you for blowing up. It's okay dear, relax. Deep breathe now, good. Hubby will be back to see your children grow up.

Political debates on this forum is bad, but I don't see anything wrong with a nice song. Regardless, this may wound up being reported.

ETA: Now that I've heard this song I must say it's a song about an ideal world. This is a nice thing, nothing political about it.
            Last edited by Evil Queen; 06-06-2008, 05:04 AM. Reason: I can't spell.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
              Political debates on this forum is bad, but I don't see anything wrong with a nice song. Regardless, this may wound up being reported.
              And it was.

If you guys want to debate about what is happening, what will happen, or what should happen in the US or elsewhere, feel free via PM or on Fratching.

In the meantime, knock it off. We come here to vent, not bicker.
              I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

It was a nice song though.
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post

ETA: Now that I've heard this song I must say it's a song about an ideal world. This is a nice thing, nothing political about it.
                  Thank you, that is why I posted it here. I did admit in my second post that I may have chosen the wrong title but I truthfully couldn't think of anything that would describe the song. It's my fave song since I was 20. (Heck maybe I should have put that as the title. )

It's the song that when I had a bad day at work, school, etc. I come home and listen to it. Because as you said, it's about an ideal world. Where people don't perceive things about others. As was said in the song the world is not Black and White, there are no lines drawn in whatever that says that this must be this way or if not then that way.

I was going to edit my last post to add this but it seems that I can't.

Even though the video is about races the song isn't (I chose it because it's the one on there with the best audio of the song.) the song is actually talking about the homeless and people's perception of them.
                  Last edited by Ree; 06-07-2008, 12:06 AM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts

Comment

Working...
                  X