This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a joke, right?

Could reality TV possibly sink any lower?

G4, which evidently is staffed exclusively by stoned 24-year-olds, is going to air a show called "Hurl!", in which contestants gorge themselves on various foods, get placed on mechanical devices designed to induce vomiting, and the last person to, well, hurl, wins.

Note: the article isn't just about Hurl! Here's the official site of Hurl!, if you're morbidly curious
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

This sounds familiar to me. Disgusting, but familiar. Like a Monty Python skit or maybe SNL?
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

And I thank God every day now that it was replaced by TV Guide Network where I live.
      "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        This sounds familiar to me. Disgusting, but familiar. Like a Monty Python skit or maybe SNL?
        It was a game on a Japanese gameshow that also included an actual pissing contest and a spot-the-transvestite competition.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
          It was a game on a Japanese gameshow that also included an actual pissing contest and a spot-the-transvestite competition.
          *looks at her DVD rack* That wouldn't happen to be "Super Banzai Video Show"?
          "You're a ninja. You can't be a fan of pirate rock"

Comment

Not surprised. Even when TSS was around under the G4 banner (so after Patrick and Leo left) it was going for the stupid stuff. One that particularly set me off was when Alex destroyed a fully functional Mac G4. Near as I can figure, he was trying to do a "Patrick" and destroy for destruction sake, forgetting these important points.

1. Patrick has NEVER intentionally destroyed a fully functioning system for ANY reason.

2. Anything Patrick has intentionally destroyed on the show was no longer being used and served no purpose apart for air conditioner ballast, assuming it still ran.

And since then things have went steadily worse. So This comes as no surprise to me.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

The only things we watch on G4 are "Ninja Warrior" and "Unbeatable Banzuke".

What can I say, we like crazy Japanese shows at our house. I do, however, usually change the channel when the shows go on commercials because even those can be pretty bad at 4 in the afternoon on G4.

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                . One that particularly set me off was when Alex destroyed a fully functional Mac G4. Near as I can figure, he was trying to do a "Patrick" and destroy for destruction sake,
                Yer, only he used a hollow baseball bat where he should have used a sledgehammer instead, but looking at who wiped he was after useing the bat he probably couldn't lift it.
                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth Mistress of Foxes View Post
                  That's it! That's the one!
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I think my mom once saw a commercial for that and her reaction was about the same. I remain mystified as to how $1000 is worth that humiliation.

Attack Of The Show gets pretty crude/stupid sometimes as well (although my mom likes Around The Net and Epic Fail segments). X-Play and Ninja Warrior are the only things I really watch on that channel anymore.

MXC on Spike is funny (mom even likes that show, if you can believe that). This is just...WTF to the max.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Mistress of Foxes View Post
                      Nah, that was actually a British show by Japanese people. And there was an American version too but it was cancelled because Japanese people parodying Japanese TV shows is somehow racist.

I forget the title of the other show, I saw it on one of those "World's Wackiest TV shows" things.

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                        Not surprised. Even when TSS was around under the G4 banner (so after Patrick and Leo left) it was going for the stupid stuff. One that particularly set me off was when Alex destroyed a fully functional Mac G4. Near as I can figure, he was trying to do a "Patrick" and destroy for destruction sake, forgetting these important points.

1. Patrick has NEVER intentionally destroyed a fully functioning system for ANY reason.

2. Anything Patrick has intentionally destroyed on the show was no longer being used and served no purpose apart for air conditioner ballast, assuming it still ran.

And since then things have went steadily worse. So This comes as no surprise to me.
                        I only saw TSS w/ Patrick and Leo once on vacation, by the time my area got it and we got the Digital cable package, G4 had taken it over and it ended like a week later. It was a entertaining and informative show.

Comment

I'll admit, I watch X-play, AotS, and Ninja Warrior/Unbeatable Banzuke. It's kinda entertaining... but most of the other shows are complete crap, or shock stuff... makes me sad, cuz they have a lot of potential, you know? Gamer TV would be great! But I guess there's some... communication errors in what they show, and what we want to watch...

Though their Cinematech shows are great! I love seeing some of the cooler fmv scenes, or seeing commercials for games I didn't know existed.
                          Last edited by Fenrus; 06-24-2008, 06:42 AM.
                          Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

I'd love to see a show/channel devoted to non-computer RPGs...
                            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

So this is what the last of my faith in humanity dying feels like...

Always wondered what would happen when I finally reached this point!

Comment

Working...
                              X