This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bystander killed while watching house fire

In Canada a lady was inside a house and heard commotion outside. They want out to see what was going on. A nearby house was on fire so they were watching with a group of neighbors, near a hydrant being used by the FD.

Sadly the hose failed and the coupling flung around and hid and killed one lady. No I know it is sad and a tragic death. No one wants someone do die like that, but it seems kinda obvious to me. The hose was under high pressure and something failed. fighting fires is dangerous to both the FF's and civilians, so stay away and the the FF's work.

http://cms.firehouse.com/content/art...8&sectionId=46

Family: We want answers!
    Answer: Don't stand next to a high pressure hose?
    Sh!t happens.
    "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

My dad is a firefighter, and while he was in training something similar happened to him. If it had hit him, it would have hit him in his chest and possibly killed him. Fortunately (?) it hit his friend, who is taller, and ended up breaking or bruising a couple of ribs instead.

It is best to stand at a safe distance and let them do their jobs.
      I HATE stupid people!

Comment

Quoth froglet View Post
        Family: We want money!
        I done fixed it fer ya.

I can't be the only one thinking a lawsuit comes out of this.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Nosy people are terrible........

I live with a lot of old people. Unfortunately, lately, it seems almost every few weeks the ambulance and firetruck show up to one of their places.

The last time it happened around 9:30 am in Sheriff's building, and ALL of the old people who live downstairs wandered over to that building, into the door, probably right into that person's apartment! HELLO....let the EMTS do their fucking job!

I understand they are just worried but still...that's dangerous!
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
          X