This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed ebay scam

I have no clue if this is real or not but i found it through stumble upon and just have to share it.

WARNING SOME LANGUAGE

http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/index.html
    Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'you're making a scene. -Homer Simpson

Sounds a little fishy to me.....
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

It's 2:30 in the morning and I just finished reading the disaster of this Epic Tale. I believe this has credibility (I've heard of such a thing happening before but never did I get the full story like this) and I believe there are such scammers out there.

If this particular story is true I'm glad the scammer got his come-uppance.

But, alas, I could also believe this tale to be complete fiction. Either way, this was a wonderful story.
      Last edited by Evil Queen; 07-20-2008, 07:32 AM. Reason: Tail/Tale?
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

If it be true - I would have gone for both suggestions - high price item which is a folder...
        And like EQ, yeah - I can see it happening! (especially the ebay responses..<sigh> ) Although, I do suspect that the whole of the story is ..... a touch embellished......
        Last edited by Slytovhand; 07-20-2008, 09:52 AM.
        When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Seems plausible enough to me. This is a common scam on ebay and the e-mails from ebay and the scammer seem a little too realistic to have been made up.

This is an epic display of win, even if it is completely made up.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I remember when that was happening well at least they were posting it if it was just happening.

Was funny then and funny now.

Comment

I laugh everytime that I read it.
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

My zug favorite is the one where the Wal-mart got revenge after he was fired. So beautiful I shed a tear when I read it. http://www.zug.com/pranks/walmart/
                Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                HR believes the first person in the door
                Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                Document everything
                CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Re: wagegoth's link:

In an attempt to frame me for theft, some of those magnificent meatheads had been using the inventory gun to scan items, increasing the inventory by one unit every morning, so that it looked like we had constant shrinkage. Pretty crafty, I must say, especially since the inventory system didn't record what time a change was made. The worst part was that the overnight manager, Darius, was apparently in on the whole scam as well.
                  That's pretty audacious. The scanners at my job also have an inventory count function, but we only use it once a year when we count the backroom for inventory.

Any times where a change occurred would appear on the inventory count report, if one was printed up, but again this only happens at inventory time.

One day, you will become a famous writer and amass a huge following. People will adore you and statues will be erected in your honor. A car will be named after you. You will eventually evolve into pure energy and understand the true nature of God."
                  But enough about me.

As for the actual prank itself, it is absolutely childish, and I mean that in the best way possible. If only I could've been there to see it.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Wagegoth that was an awesome find!

Comment

P-P-P-Powerbook!
                      HAXOR the planet!
                      FIRE WIRE!

"We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Hey it could have happened. Just like this failed ebay scam that actually made it all the way to Judge Judy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJDK6ctRjqw

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                          Hey it could have happened. Just like this failed ebay scam that actually made it all the way to Judge Judy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJDK6ctRjqw
                          Oh, I seen this one. It was great, definitely a must see.

I want to be Judge Judy.
                          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

HEEEE Judge Judy rocks!

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                              I want to be Judge Judy.
                              Who doesn't?
                              Or Judge Mathis or Judge Joe Brown or any other TV Judge who gets to destroy people for a living.
                              "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Working...
                              X