• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminator 4 trailer!

Looks sweeeeeeet!!!

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1823491
    Testing
    "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Oh joy, another movie from a dead franchise. They should have left it at T2.

Sorry, I honestly thought the setup for T3 was crap. "Guess what? all the work you did to destroy Skynet in the past? yeah guess what? Completely useless. Prepare to be fucked, and there's nothing you can do about it."

If they were doing to completely wipe the whole premise of T2 away, then why did they even bother making it?
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
      Totally agreed. What possible point could they have for another one when they basically **SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT**

killed off everybody in that POS 3rd movie?

I find it very disturbing sometimes how so many people get so excited over apocalyptic scenarios. It's like it's their ultimate sexual fantasy.
      ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Meh. The machines are the perfect example of idiot savant. They can't be made unless they send one back to kill John Connor. However, if they succed in killing him, they would never would have a reason TO send one back, because they wouldn't be made.

Thus is why the future doomsday does happen. Nether can exist without the other. John cannot exist without his father, (the soldier sent back to protect him) and they cannot exist unless they try to kill him and fail.

Which is really deep down the point of the movie is to accept one fate, despite the 'no fate but what you make'.

Now, without going too far into the parodox manner of the great triogly. (Yes, I even loved T3. If anything for the Terminator having an orgasm on screen). The best way to have killed John would have been simple. They can do living metal. They can send machines with living flesh.

Now, get an a-bomb made. With Skynet it would be easy. Put timer on it. Add living flesh around it. Send back in time. Profit.
        Military Spouse Support.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Oh, please, just have fun with them ... time travel and a future that is not set in stone allows for all kinds of weirdness.
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

How can you say it looks sweet? The trailer didn't show us anything!
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

It had Christian Bale ... do we need to know anything more?

He's like Michael Caine or Tommy Lee Jones: good sign you're going to at least love his performance, if not the whole movie.
              "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                I remember an article I read somewhere back in 97 or 98 that said they already had plans at the time for 2 more Terminator films. One would be John Connor as an adult facing the nuclear apocalypse and would be the last to feature Ah-nold (T3), and that the last film would take place entirely in the future (and here it is, a decade later).

They've been wanting to do a "future" Terminator movie since T2. So they knew all along that "Judgement Day" would still happen. That's why they changed the ending of T2 (originally, it was supposed to be an elderly Sarah Connor sitting in the park that was nuked in the movie watching all the children playing. The "unknown future/highway" ending was added instead because they decided they were going to add more to the story).

I thought T3 was alright, but it was kind of pathetic that John Connor was more of a badass when he was 10. At lead Christian Bale will guarantee him his rightful place as the future leader of men.
                "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
                X