X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling All Guitar Players!

Clickety

The company which owns this website (Above link) has been indirectly threatened (via our ISP) with legal action by the National Music Publishers' Association (NMPA) as well as the Music Publishers' Association (MPA) on the basis that sharing tablature constitutes copyright infringement.
    Please read over the page and sign up Here

Basically, I can show you how "I" play someone else's song, and writing it down for you on paper is just fine. But the moment I teach everyone via the internet how "I" play a song, it's illegal. Basically, they're trying to make sure every single guitar player pays to buy the approved music/tab books. I wonder how many people who learned how to play Stairway To Heaven in highschool bought a book?
    WWJND - "What Would JAM Not Do?" - Fashion Lad

Oh man, as a guitarist I will sign up. I think its stupid, unless the tabbers are crediting it as their own work I see the point. All the tabs I've seen have been credited properly. As a guitar player, I will jump in.

Going off topic, Hotelboy, what kind of guitars do you have? I have a Fender acoustic and a white Fender strat. I've been playing for about a year and it's alot of fun.
    Last edited by ArenaBoy; 09-22-2006, 04:49 AM.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I didn't see that any action was taken, just someone spouting off a dumb, unpopular opinion, which they are entitled to.

While making such a thing illegal would be terrible, I didn't read that that was what was going on at all. Maybe I read the article too quickly and missed something.

I wouldn't panic just yet.

What kind of stuff do you guys play?

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
        I wouldn't panic just yet.

What kind of stuff do you guys play?

I play blues and rock mostly. I got into guitar because of the Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist who is very underrated IMO.
        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Working...
        X