X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashes in my credit report!!

Even death cannot stop CITIBANK!!!

That was HILARIOUS!!!

How the hell can a system not be set up for death?!?!

Comment

Activating *Devil's advocate* mode:

Well, maybe she's not dead. Maybe she's just ducking her creditors. I mean, people have gone so far as to dig up corpses and stick them into flaming car wrecks to avoid paying their debts, right? Compared to that, having a relative tell the credit card company you are dead is not so far-fetched, is it?

That said, having dealt with credit card companies before, I can also believe this conversation is on the level. Either way, 'scuse me while I

Comment

I loved this one!
        Family Member: "What do you do with dead people on your planet?"
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Misty View Post
          Activating *Devil's advocate* mode:

Well, maybe she's not dead. Maybe she's just ducking her creditors. I mean, people have gone so far as to dig up corpses and stick them into flaming car wrecks to avoid paying their debts, right? Compared to that, having a relative tell the credit card company you are dead is not so far-fetched, is it?
          i can see that, EXCEPT they great nephew offered a death certificate. at that point, if i were the employee, i would wait for the death ceritifcate to be faxed through, and then handled that from there.

i mean, yeah, she could be dead, yeah she could be alive and faking a death. either way, the nephew offered up proof.

Comment

That's just rich!
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

When I worked in the Call Center from hell, we did not require a death certificate to cancel an account when the customer was deceased. Of course, some (many) people found that as a way to get out of paying, as when the customer was deceased we cancelled the account and discontinued all billing and/or collections. Fortunately, once we were contacted and advised of the death of the customer, that information was also forwarded to the credit bureaus. Since I took escalated calls, I had more than one customer transferred to me because that information caused their bank accounts to be frozen and their credit cards to be cancelled. I was not sympathetic (unless we had done the cancellation in error) as most of these people had lied to begin with. And if they told me that they felt that I was less than helpful, I pretty much let them know that they brought it on themselves just to try to beat a bill.
              "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth freeatlast View Post
                When I worked in the Call Center from hell, we did not require a death certificate to cancel an account when the customer was deceased. Of course, some (many) people found that as a way to get out of paying, as when the customer was deceased we cancelled the account and discontinued all billing and/or collections. Fortunately, once we were contacted and advised of the death of the customer, that information was also forwarded to the credit bureaus. Since I took escalated calls, I had more than one customer transferred to me because that information caused their bank accounts to be frozen and their credit cards to be cancelled. I was not sympathetic (unless we had done the cancellation in error) as most of these people had lied to begin with. And if they told me that they felt that I was less than helpful, I pretty much let them know that they brought it on themselves just to try to beat a bill.
                I would to say to the person who lied "sir/ma'am, since you lied about being deceased to get out of paying we are no longer involved you will have to straighten it out your self. You thought you could beat the system but you failed, moron!"

Comment

I read this same thing several years ago. I recall telling my mom the story. I wonder if someone dug up an old (true) story and tried to make it look more recent?

Nevertheless, it's still unbelievable. "Not set up for death?"
                  Testing
                  "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

My mom is still trying to get some of my grandfather's old credit card accounts cancelled or changed to be in her name (he's been dead about a year). She submitted POA documents to them when that was originally drawn up years ago, but now after years of being able to access/maintain the accounts with no problem they want additional POA documents plus death certs (which we already sent them!).
                    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 08-03-2008, 04:44 PM.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

funny conversation, and given the level of stupidity of many card company reps, i wouldn't doubt this is coming from a true story somewhere out there, just not as we have read. Even Snopes is skeptical:
                      http://www.snopes.com/business/bank/deadcard.asp
                      "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

OT:
                        I immediately thought of this song when I saw the title.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpb4nURCbk0
                        "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Huh.. Funny because I went to school with the guy who did the video for that song. He HATED the band's management, said they ****ed the whole thing up in editing.

Comment

Working...
                          X