X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can politics go any further downhill?

http://www.christy2006.com/pages/multimedia.cfm/

Watch the first commercial called "Heads Up." This is a legitimate campaign ad by one of the yahoos running for guv'nor in our fair state. It has only been on TV for 3 days and I have seen it 20+ times already GAH! While the points he is trying to make are valid, somehow I am thinking he has crossed the line of political correctness on this one. The first time I saw it I thought it was a joke, but alas tis real.
    The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

I kind of like it. I"m serious. Ballsy!

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post

I kind of like it. I"m serious. Ballsy!
      I agree. It's saying what most people are probably thinking anyway.

I wouldn't have the nerve, though. Wonder if it'll make him or break him.

Morgana

Comment

He doesn't really have much of a chance here in MA, he's running independent, but I think he is an ex-democrat, so the best he can plan to do is split the dem vote and guarantee a republican the spot.

I know that's what everyone is thinking, but I do think it crossed the line of taste as far a professionalism goes. There are better ways of making that point. I mean if that's what he'll do when he is trying to get the job, how far will he go when he's in office? Is he gonna give his state of the state speech, and say that he can't do his job because everyone he has to work with has their head up their *ss?

I just think that the commercial comes across as a bit immature, and not the type of attitude I want from someone that wants to be elected to a public office.
        Last edited by Banrion; 09-27-2006, 06:30 PM.
        The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

I'd vote for him.
          You're focusing on the problem. If you focus on the problem, you can't see the solution. Never focus on the problem! --From Patch Adams

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
            He doesn't really have much of a chance here in MA, he's running independent
            Kinky Friedman is running independent here in Texas and thus far he isn't doing too bad. I know I'm voting for him.

Olive juice you too.

Comment

It's a clever and daring ad.

Just a reminder though, it is a political ad, and we don't allow political discussions on the board, so please confine comments to discussions of the ad itself, rather than the candidate who is running the ads, or your own political preferences, etc.
              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Heheheh. I don't have sound, so it's just frightfully funny. Without breaching copyright, anyone care to elaborate on the gist of the soundtrack?

ETA: Found some headphones. It's not as funny now. Have to agree though, that's the only way something should get 12 billion dollars over budget.
                Last edited by One-Fang; 09-30-2006, 02:49 AM.

Comment

I thought that the ad was clever! A bit daring, but at least it'll put him on the map.
                  -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                  -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Working...
                  X