X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cinderella, Snow White, Tinkerbell in Labor Dispute

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/08/15....ap/index.html
    Last edited by wagegoth; 08-15-2008, 08:59 PM.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

The workers' contract expired in February and their union says Disney's latest proposal makes health care unaffordable for hundreds of employees and creates an unfair two-tier wage system. The union also says Disney wants to create a new category of part-time employees who would receive greatly reduced benefits.
    Disney makes how many millions of dollars per year, and they won't offer decent benefits to their hard workers? Shame on them!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Disney is penny pinching

I should say i'm not surprised. I remember talking with a group at a local Anime convention and Disney wanted $100 per showing to show any of Hayao Miyazakis films that Disney had licensed.

Comment

"Clearly we're disappointed that Unite Here Local 681 has spent more time protesting," she said. "Publicity stunts are not productive and are extremely disruptive to the resort district."
        Where a company relies on their public image primarily, protests are very effective.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

That's a damn shame a company like Disney makes millions and yet tries to slash cost by reducing or eliminating health care benefits from their employees!!
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

This comes as a surprise to anyone?
            "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
              This comes as a surprise to anyone?
              Surprise, no. Disgust, yes.

When are these corporations going to realize that it's the employees that make them what they are? The little people, who don't want power or prestige, who are satisfied making a decent living? What does it hurt a multi-million dollar company to reward these folks with good bennies and working conditions?

If all these screwed-over workers decide to seek employment elsewhere, Disney will be hurting big time. Sure, they could find replacements, but it takes time and money to train new people, and there's no guarantee that all or even most of them will work out.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Disney must be thinking that they are Walmart
                Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I don't know a DAMN thing about the REAL workings of Disney. There is a reason for that.

Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                  X