This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Kind of an Idiot

Shines a laser into the cockpit of a passenger aircraft while it comes into land then shines it at the police helicopter that goes up after...?

At least they caught the moron.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

I hope they lay the anti-terrorist laws on him. There was obvious intent to not only crash the plane but also to attack the police helicopter.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

He won't get any terror related charges but he'll probably get a jail sentence for this, a chap did a few months back when he 'only' did the police helicopter.

Endangering an Aircraft I think is the charge...

Comment

I don't know. What kinds are there?
        "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

wow

i know of several reasons he lucky,
          1.) the plane landed safely. had it crashed in a ball of fire and carnage he would be guilty of 40+ counts of murder.
          2.) the police chopper wasn't carrying any riflemen. theres not much difference between a $10 laser pointer and a laser sight for a rifle. most cops would be cleared of shooting charges considering the circumstances.
          3.) he is only being charged with a local offense. federal charges would be much harder on him.

remember kids, just because you have nothing to do on a Friday nite doesnt mean you should find stupid things to do.
          This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
          my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Quoth SteeleDragon78 View Post
            remember kids, just because you have nothing to do on a Friday nite doesnt mean you should find stupid things to do.
            Words of wisdom that far too few people live by.
            "The pilot was temporarily blinded and the co-pilot landed the plane.
            I hope they throw the book at that idiot. I'm just glad the pilot wasn't permanently blinded.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Actually he won't even get punished for this. Turns out, he's in the military. Due to budget cuts thanks to GW Bush' deficit, this is what's left of Reagans' Star Wars program.
              "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth SteeleDragon78 View Post
                2.) the police chopper wasn't carrying any riflemen. theres not much difference between a $10 laser pointer and a laser sight for a rifle. most cops would be cleared of shooting charges considering the circumstances.
                3.) he is only being charged with a local offense. federal charges would be much harder on him.
                2) UK Police helicopters don't carry riflemen as UK police are not routinley armed (and don't tend to come under fire, even rarer when it's laser sighted)
                3) We don't have local/federal laws.

Comment

This also happened a few times:

http://noisyroom.net/blog/2006/05/04...icopter-pilot/
                  http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01...r_man_charged/

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...486633701.html

Since 2006 there have been more than 170 reports of laser lights being directed at aircraft and the number is increasing. Forty-nine incidents were reported between April and June this year.
                  Last edited by Miyon; 08-19-2008, 04:53 PM.
                  Miyon

Seduce, Let Loose, The Vision and The Void - Coil

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain - Blade Runner

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                    2) UK Police helicopters don't carry riflemen as UK police are not routinley armed (and don't tend to come under fire, even rarer when it's laser sighted)
                    3) We don't have local/federal laws.
                    my apologies, i confused you for a yank, tough to tell when the location isn't clear
                    This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
                    my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X