X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workplace discrimination against men

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/ask-dr-...n-against-men/

Looks like all those complaints we've had about our coworkers are just the tip of the iceberg.

Wow ... that's REALLY bad.
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

One of my room-mates works at a local Dairy Queen. It is unspoken law that girls work the counter and guys work the grill. Now, there is one girl that works the grill, but in his year+, there has never been a male (besides the owner and his son) who worked the counter or drive thru.
      Expect great things, but you'll get what you get.

PossJB

Comment

Our store has male pr female specific jobs, but the men tend to get paid more than the women.
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I've seen it. When I worked in a grocerey store males were rarely cashiers (and I'm talking early to mid 90s and two chains). Males were baggers and sent out to get carriages all of the time.

Even with my current company (in the retail sector), I've seen males be written up for being <5 minutes late but some females get nothing for consistently being 10-15 minutes late. I know one manager (no longer w/ the company) who would only hire cute and young females for sales reps. I have also seen many females use "women issues" as an excuse to be late or not come in, I wonder what would happen of a male tried that one? I never sent it up to HR because I was a tech in the back of the store and the females I worked with were very responsible (on time, worked hard, etc..). I have not seen it in my current position but there are only 3 women in FL, one is the supervisor.

It's almost as bad as non-smokers are discriminated against. Smokers get a 5 minute break every hour to get a smoke while non smokers are scrutinized for going to the bathroom once during a non-break time.
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I dealt with it at the racetrack all the time. When working picnics, the girls got to stand under the tent and just pour soda and beer all day long. The guys had to stand in the sun all day long in front of the grill. For the most part, if you were a guy, and didn't suck up to the bosses all the time, they put you at horrible stands. The girls always were put at the beer portables, which is where you can make the most money. It's a load of crap.
            "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Working...
            X