Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power tripping manager BANS refunds, refuses to allow her name to be given out

Thank GOD I don't work for this lady!

http://consumerist.com/5039630/frien...speak-her-name
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Say! Didn't that Give 'Em The Pickle guy manage a Friendly's?

What's his name? Bob Something?

It might be interesting to let him know what's going on in a restaurant similar to the one he managed. Even though he's completely full of shit.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

WOW!!!

Thats one of the most insane things ive ever heard. If they cant give them a refund and cant give them what they ordered...WTF did they think they were going to do? I wouldve been tempted to call the cops..they basically were stealing their $$.

Who does that manager think she is, Voldemort? (He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named)

Comment

I would never want to work under her.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

They don't have the flavor, but then they busted out a brand-new container of it... Doing that in the first place would have saved them a lot of trouble.
          Expect great things, but you'll get what you get.

PossJB

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
            WOW!!!

Thats one of the most insane things ive ever heard. If they cant give them a refund and cant give them what they ordered...WTF did they think they were going to do? I wouldve been tempted to call the cops..they basically were stealing their $$.
            Selling and taking payments for a product that you do nothave then refusing a refund on it is FRAUD!!!

I smell a lawsuit, I'm actually sad to see that it was resolved I would have LOVED to see them sue Friendly's over this and have the mgr arrested and jailed for fraud.
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

They paid, without having seen the product being made and having said product in hand?
              Was it a drive thru order? Wasn't mentioned.

Most ice cream places I've been to around here, your order is made and either handed over the glass to you (if a cone or cup) or given to you at the register, but either way it gets made before money changes hands. If they're out of what you ask for, it's "sorry we can't make that" before any harm can be done.

Course, we don't have Friendly's here.

Quoth PossJB View Post
              They don't have the flavor, but then they busted out a brand-new container of it... Doing that in the first place would have saved them a lot of trouble.
              What I gather from that is, one of the employees grabbed a bucket meant for sale for customers to take home, something much smaller and less practical than the larger containers they serve cone/sundae/etc orders from.
              Last edited by otakuneko; 08-22-2008, 07:47 AM.
              Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

It's on Consumerist, so I want to know what the actual facts are.

Comment

I would be taking it to the HQ. I am sure that they would not want a lawsuit on their hands. Man talk about bad PR for them
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Now I have many many times joked that we've met our refund quota for the day, and I refuse to do any more.. but that's just joking, out of earshot of customers. I never refuse a legitimate refund!

On the other hand, the ones that try to bring back a mostly used bottle of hair gel that we don't even sell, they get told to kiss my fat ass (in a much nicer phrasing of course)

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                      They paid, without having seen the product being made and having said product in hand?
                      This is often how food orders work. With the local ice cream place I pay, then they assemble the ice cream and hand it over, which is good because when they give me the ice cream my hands are usually too full to fiddle around with my wallet without making a mess.

Most ice cream places usually have everything on display behind the glass, but many times I don't even look, since I know what I'm going to get.

In this setup, the thing that happened to that other person could very well have happened to me...except that the local ice cream place isn't run by a bunch of 'tards. They're nice and helpful folks. One time the milkshake machine broke while they were making my order, which obviously meant that my order couldn't be completed, but it wasn't much fuss at all changing my order and getting back the difference in money.

Comment

Yeah, it's normal for fast food. I guess I'm just too used to Braum's when it comes to ice cream. You order first, then you get to watch 'em scoop out the ice cream, make your order, then you get to the register. They put the order on the counter, in your hand, or in one of those cone-holder things.

Donno how big Braum's is nationwide, but Subway is the same way. Order->watch them build your sub->pay. You can see quite clearly before paying if Braum's or Subway is out of something.
                        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Working...
                        X