This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
    The police usually do their darndest to make a stop for speeding take as long as possible. It's another form of deterrance. If you get caught, you're not loosing just money, but all the time you were trying to save, and then some.
    Ah, I see. I've only been pulled over for a speeding ticket once (I was going 2 km's above the speed limit ) and it took literally 5 minutes...Guess that's why I was incredulous...
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth JLRodgers View Post
      Actually it's said in my town that vets are allowed to break the speed limit if they're on an emergency call. Our local vet once got out of a speeding ticket (going like 120 in a 30mph zone) because his stop was at his office -- the officer followed him, saw where he went and just waved and went on his way. Whether it's just a local thing or now... if a vet can speed to get to a emergency clinic, it would only make sense that people taking the animal would be granted a similar thing.
      They should allow the use of a non-emergency or cautionary light like Green.

UK Doctors are allowed under the Highway code to use a Green Lightbar only for emergency calls.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1989/Uks...nlampreflector

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
        They should allow the use of a non-emergency or cautionary light like Green.

UK Doctors are allowed under the Highway code to use a Green Lightbar only for emergency calls.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1989/Uks...nlampreflector
        It's my understanding that merely showing a green flashing lamp doesn't allow exemptions under the RTA, only the presence of a blue flashing lamp allows that (our town wide out of hours Drs service has both blue and green lamps), however unless it's an enforcement camera most Police won't tug a Drs car displaying said lamp for minor discretions.

The reason?

To travel under blue light conditions requires that you undertake a three week driving course with strenuous tests during and at the end of the course. The police have to do this course as do paramedics and fire, hence why on occasion you will see a police car with blue overtake a policecar driving at normal conditions not displaying it's lamp.
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
        X