This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fail

Someone from work sent me this, among other images in the email I thought people would find this amusing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fail.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	2032916
    Never Underestimate the Element of Surprise - Odo, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

Oh. My. Slobbering. DOG. Where is a brick wall when you need one? Ah, there's one.

Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I've seen that too. I really, really hope that person's just being a smart alec.

I do love the Fail Blog.
      Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

I just knew when the news first came out that someone, somewhere was going to think that the State of Georgia was under attack.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I can't remember who said it, but: "War exists to teach Americans geography."

Rapscallion

Comment

I was really hoping the bad spelling was because he was from the country and not the state of Georgia. Ow.
            How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

As a beauty pageant contestant once said, "I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to [find the United States on a map] because, uh, some, people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as, uh, South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children..."

Isn't she great folks? Someday she might be able to zip up her own pants!
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post

Rapscallion
                The current Iraq war started when I was a senior in high school. On the day the invasion first began, several students were planning to stage a walkout in protest. Of course, a good number of them saw this as an excuse to skip class.

My Citizenship Issues teacher apparently said to his pupils, "If you can show me where Iraq is on the map, I'll let you go."

Not many of them could.
                Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

tsk tsk.
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Bradester View Post
                    The current Iraq war started when I was a senior in high school. On the day the invasion first began, several students were planning to stage a walkout in protest. Of course, a good number of them saw this as an excuse to skip class.

My Citizenship Issues teacher apparently said to his pupils, "If you can show me where Iraq is on the map, I'll let you go."

Not many of them could.
                    This is quite sad. I was consistently one of the only people in HIGH SCHOOL who would pass tests that required us to name all 50 states (I would usually get in the high 90s - I usually got Colorado and Wyoming confused), This was in New Hampshire and most students didn't know where New Hampshire was. They'd point to Florida and say "California?". They'd point to a state like Virginia and think that was New Hampshire. How sad.

Hell, I can look at a map of the western hemisphere and most likely name all the countries, and the same with a map of Europe (minus some former Soviet-Bloc nations) and the same with Asia.
                    Quote Dalesys:
                    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

When I was in 6th grade (22 1/2 years ago... ), our teacher had us come up to the world map and point to countries and features as he called them off. When I went up, I pointed to everything quickly and accurately. He started saying "White Sea??...Nome??!? Sulu Sea???" and I went right on through. My classmates were gasping.

Good thing I was such a geography geek, and it comes in REAL handy where I am currently working.

(Sorry, can't tell you precisely, 'cause then I'd have to kill you.)
                      Testing
                      "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Methinks it was probably

Quoth Rapscallion View Post

Rapscallion

Ambrose Bierce.

Comment

I was reading Headlines on the tonight show and came across this one.

http://www.nbc.com/The_Tonight_Show_...shtml#headline

and this is from the president of the University of Pennsylvania.

Comment

I remember doing an exercise in high school where we were given a blank map of the United States, and had to fill in the names of the states and the capitals. I was the only person in the whole damn class who didn't promptly open the book to the map and begin copying. I filled in all the names myself, though I did need the help of the map for some of the state capitals.

Comment

I'm just going to continue believing that this is a joke. I don't want to think any of my neighbors could be this stupid!
                              Gryffltherclaw: Because who says you have to pick just one?

Proud to have crushes on fictional characters.

Comment

Working...
                              X