This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painfully Stupid Commercial

Tell me, does this commercial make anyone want to buy/subscribe to their product?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUNT-kHS-wo

Edit: Silly me, I typo'd the title! It was supposed to be "Painfully Stupid Commercial".

Quoth the_std View Post
    Tell me, does this commercial make anyone want to buy/subscribe to their product?
    I'd rather eat broken glass.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Oh gods. That is being pushed so hard in my city right now. There's bus ads, billboards, the TV commercial, and that commercial runs as a trailer on movies in the theatre too. Ugh.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I think it's funny.
        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
          I think it's funny.
          Try hearing it or the others every other ad. Funny disappears REAL quick.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

MY EYES! MY EARS! THEY BLEED!

I'm DROWNING IN MY OWN BLOOD!

*gargles*
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
              Try hearing it or the others every other ad. Funny disappears REAL quick.
              Oh, it's OK, I'd look forward to the attractive black woman on the treadmill with the fantastic legs.
              "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Although I don't follow the Canadian cellular industry at all the customer reaction from a very short internet search seems to be positive. They do seem to have a few bugs they are working out of their systems at the moment, but thats to be expected of a fledgling service.

The comcercial is silly, I don't find it funny, it almost seems to make fun of itself. And the marketers at Telus seem to think its funny too. Somehow I'm glad I don't live in Canada at the moment. In any case if I were to take a stab in the dark I see them possibly pulling this off. But then who knows. In the US the Pay as you go model is really starting to catch on. I'm not sure how popular pay as you go plans are in Canada but it could work

Comment

For the record, cell phone plans in Canada suck. What's funny is despite the number of times that I've seen this commercial, I never knew it was pay-as-you-go. There's already one service (FIDO, I think), so it was just a matter of time until another showed up.

Too bad their commercials make me wanna stab something.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                    For the record, cell phone plans in Canada suck.
                    I've heard that much said time and again, never bothered to research exactly why that is. I know they tend to be fairly high priced and what not, but is that the only reason?

Comment

Really high prices for not getting much. I got a "Student Back to School" promo plan for college students, and I get 100 daytime minutes, evenings 8pm-8am free, and long distance in Canada free (though I don't know anyone in Canada outside my province ), 100 text messages, Caller ID, 5 message voice mail, and 4meg data plan, and it costs me $78 a month.

Coverage is usually decent, but can be spotty depending on provider.

Comment

You aren't kidding Broom that is pretty bad.

For about that same price in Canadian dollars (did the conversion) at least with the company I work for you can get a plan that has unlimited voice minutes all day every day. That also includes Caller ID, Call Forwarding, Voice Mail with a 15 message capacity, and call waiting. The only place we really lack is a competitive text messaging plan and we don't have data. And coverage isn't bad, at least around where I live.

Comment

Working...
                        X