• Show
Clear All

• Custmomer service today

http://www.lewrockwell.com/taylor/taylor148.html

"They've Lost That Lovin' Feeling"

Who ya gonna call?

"You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Because business have so much money they don't need to receive anymore.

The main killer of personalised service is the over encroachment of Mystery Shopper visits that look for exactly the same stock phrases and words each time, they don't look for friendliness, smiles or warmth, nor infact do they look for anything other than link sales, straplines and cleanliness of the stores.
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Look at the bolding in paragraph five... the entire article is an excuse to be racist.

Comment

While I agreed with the bolding, it's the phrase in the next paragraph that gets me.

I do believe that if your job requires you to interact with customers in an English-speaking nation, you should have a good grasp of the language, so the bolded bit, fine.

However - "There is no cultural pride in using a low verbal dialect, or substandard pronunciation, to a Standard English-using customer. I, myself, walk out of businesses that hire such employees."

Dialect? Pronunciation? I cringe whenever I hear "I'll axe someone about that" or "Can I get sumfink for you", but I would never deny a person who spoke that way a job, or demand that the customer service reps at stores didn't speak that way. I think it's a matter of personal pride to speak correctly, and so I try to, and yes I look down on those who don't, but I don't consider it a requirement for scanning my groceries.

Comment

She struck a nerve with me. I sent her a letter pretty much asking why she's taking her frustrations out on the working stiffs who are simply trying to survive when the real problem is the corporate executives who create this situation.

All I got from her was an admission that she's blaming everyone in the chain of command and my opinions were noted. Yeah, "duly noted and ignored". Arrogant jerk.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
              Because business have so much money they don't need to receive anymore.

The main killer of personalised service is the over encroachment of Mystery Shopper visits that look for exactly the same stock phrases and words each time, they don't look for friendliness, smiles or warmth, nor infact do they look for anything other than link sales, straplines and cleanliness of the stores.
              Yup. After a while I go into robot mode, saying exactly the same words to every customer for my entire shift. Brain shuts off and I just go through the motions, completely oblivious to everyone around me...I didn't even recognize my own mother until she said something to me!

Deviate from the script even a tiny bit and you get yelled at. The script must be said to everyone, and dealing with around 40 customers an hour for 8 hours...yeah...robot mode.

Comment

Quoth Kara View Post
                Who ya gonna call?

Maybe she could dial whine-one-one for help.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                X