X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cake Wreck

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2008/...-or-taste.html

Wouldn't you like to have been there when she put in her order for that cake?
    "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Notice the bride one doesn't look too thrilled.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I love Cake Wrecks! I've subscribed for quite some time now ...

This one in particular. Looks like a bride who needs to hear the word "no" for a few years.
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

She may not look thrilled, but she's the one that ordered it!
        I would find it a bit creepy to have people cutting into and consuming a baked effigy of my person.....
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

There's enough bride for everyone to have a taste of her.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
            Notice the bride one doesn't look too thrilled.

The cake makes her egotistical @$$ look fat.
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Egotistical much, lady? Most brides are happy with a plastic bride and groom on top of the cake!

Granted, the cake is well made (aside from that red rickrack up the side), and the likeness is amazing, but still...

Great site, now I'm having fun looking through it! That baby shower cake is really seriously creepy, though.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

My personal favorite is the poo cake.
                Nothing screams "Happy Birthday!" like a big steaming pile of shit!
                I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  Egotistical much, lady? Most brides are happy with a plastic bride and groom on top of the cake!

Granted, the cake is well made (aside from that red rickrack up the side), and the likeness is amazing, but still...
                  did you read the comments?
                  Apparently the red rickrack was a cable.... that animated the mouth and controlled the sound...
                  thats right she has a life sized TALKING wedding cake of herself....
                  omg...
                  that should be on MTV...
                  http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2008/...in-wrecks.html oh and did you see the other brides cake?
                  Last edited by Sliceanddice; 08-28-2008, 06:02 PM.

Comment

If she talked then they should have slapped a cell phone on her face.
                    Quote Dalesys:
                    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Kermit watermelon angry green maneater vagina cake...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shmoovio/252096269/
                      Testing
                      "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

What I find difficult to believe is that so many "professional" cake decorators have such horrible writing skills. Case in point:
                        http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2008/...-in-icing.html
                        http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2008/...ure-thing.html
                        http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2008/05/doubly-sad.html
                        http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2008/...ers-unite.html

I mean, don't they have to take classes to learn how to decorate cakes properly?
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

The bride cakes were creepy and I don't see what the hell is so great about cutting into a cake effigy of yourself. Just as bad, if not worse was the couple that requested a birthday cake in the likeness of their German Shepherd dog.. The foot cakes... were they thinking?!! Those were the most unappetizing and grossest looking cakes I've ever seen.
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

i laughed like crazy at the biazzar fire/jelly/slime/pink ruffles cake......

Comment

I read somewhere that the bride was from Ghana or Nigeria, where effigies are part of the culture. She had seen something similar in a bakery window as a child. So I think it's maybe more of a cultural thing than an 'OMG I am the princess worship my flour and frosting holiness'.

Doesn't make it any less creepy though.

A few years ago we needed to get a last-minute cake for my brother Erik's birthday. We went to the grocery store, where the regular decorator was out sick or something. Some poor kid was trying to cover for her, and explained that his decorating skills weren't great. We said that it didn't matter, as long as Erik's name was spelled correctly (meaning, spelled with a 'K' rather than a 'C').

We came back a few hours later to find a white frosted cake, upon which, scrawled pitifully in blue icing, was "Happy Birthday, Eirk."

My mother, sister-in-law and I all burst out laughing in the bakery. Erik just shook his head when he saw it. We tease him about it to this day.
                              Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

Working...
                              X