X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof looks are not all

Here, enjoy this story as much as I did

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/24/ny...=1&oref=slogin
    I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

That is too cool for words what those biker guys are doing for the animals.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

*sniff*
      That is too awesome

I think I may have to become a fangirl of Rescue Ink. I love burly men with soft hearts
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

We humans have some odd attachment to animals.

We can watch people being killed left and right in the movies but to see one animal die in a movie (I Legend, Eight Below) breaks our hearts.

I can understand it with dogs, our relationship with them has been symbiotic (meaning one would not have survived without the other), but cats? Most likely because they were worshipped by many cultures for a very long time.

But, even beyond that, ferrets, rodents, if it isn't livestock, we don't want to see it killed (and even if it is livestock most people only want to see the end product, they don't want to see how "it is made".
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

That reminds me of the prison (I dont remember which one) that would give certain prisoners an abused or socially challenged dog to rehabilitate.

It helped the dogs to be able to be adopted but it also helped the inmates to appreciate life.
          Most of the inmates in that program were repeat offenders but after the program they were able to stay out of trouble and not end up in prison again.

Some would cry when it was time to give the dogs up for adoption.
          Miyon

Seduce, Let Loose, The Vision and The Void - Coil

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain - Blade Runner

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
            *sniff*
            I love burly men with soft hearts
            What're ya doin' later?
            "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Awwww!!! (blubber blubber sob)

You just know that these are guys the animal owners take seriously. Some twitchy half-mad old bat in a pink knitted cardie turns up and tells you you need to buy better dog food, and you just shoo the daft old twit away. But these guys turn up? You buy better dog food.

And not because you're afraid of them if you don't, but because you've listened to them, and you've understood why you need better dog food. You listened because you were afraid of them, but also because these guys don't come across as daft old soft-hearted cat-lady. I guess it's hard to say you don't need to care about your animal when these guys, who perhaps look like the last kind of person who would really "care", are standing there telling you that THEY care about YOUR animal.

Comment

Working...
              X