X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excuse me, I have to go throw up now.

Comment

Am I the only one who doesn't think the first link is at all "gross"? I mean, it's not a healthy thing, but it's barely registering on the gross scale.

A few bumps, a little pus, and some surgical work. Seriously? Just cos it's on balls? If this was on somebody's hand would it be getting gross-out accolades?

Maybe all you blokes are just shuddering with empathy ... I dunno. I don't get it. I's seen way grosser stuff than that.

Comment

Actually, I found it fascinating. I have a similar, though much smaller, lump on my left calf. The sort of treatment mentioned in the article is really only for the very worst cases. One potential home treatment I found from a search engine is to heat the affected area for fifteen minutes four times a day, to the sort of temperature you'd get in a bath. It's supposed to help melt the waxy substance to allow the body to get rid of it by natural methods.

I may let you know the results.

Rapscallion

Comment

Give it a good squeeze! It'll be fun!
          Yes. I know my typing sucks but I have a large orange cat sitting on my keyboard and a small disturbed dog trying to sniff his butt

Comment

Tried before - wasn't a pleasant result. Well, for me, anyway. It's about the size and shape of a fairly large lentil, just to give you an idea of how little it actually is. Would be nice to test how easy these buggers are to get rid of via testing the heat treatment.

Mind you, if you want to come over and lance it for me...

Rapscallion

Comment

I am so glad Spiffy put a warning up.

And that I'm at home...

Looking at it from a Scientific standpoint, it is grossly fascinating. According to the article, it would have turned Gangreneous if the guy continued to wait to go to the doctor. I wonder if the cysts effect a certain age group or ethnic background?

The "Cheese-like substance" stuck me as insanely funny. Dude, that's called FAT!
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Nah - it's called 'sebum'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebum#Sebum

Rapscallion

Comment

Sebum? Could see more than that in those pictures!

Comment

and this brought to you by Google and youtube...

*WARNING - Extremely Gross

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkf2Jdo2IWE
                    Last edited by Ree; 09-05-2008, 12:15 AM.
                    Yes. I know my typing sucks but I have a large orange cat sitting on my keyboard and a small disturbed dog trying to sniff his butt

Comment

Spider bite, anyone? http://www.ascendedhealth.com/brown-...te-picture.htm

The second set of pics are worse, btw.
                      What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Why oh WHY did I watch that video?

As for the spider bite...I knew I saw somewhere where someone lost a finger. Thanks for the linkage, now I can show Mom why I'm scared of them.

Comment

No, the guy's cysts on his family jewels weren't really gross, but yes shuddering with sympathy/empathy on that.

That youtube vid with the cyst, that was sorta gross, but not very.

The recluse bites.. ow urgh ugh. *vomit* I knew I had reasons to be scared of those... that last pic is just.. holy gods makes me very ill and even more scared of them. *gurgle*
                          Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

This is excellent shit for Goatse.cx, please why are we still sharing?!

But I admit, I'm a glutton for punishment and clicked on all the links.
                            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

It's like a car wreck. It could be horrifying, gross, blood everywhere, but we still all have to look.
                              "It takes people like you, to make people like me" Another Night In London - Devildriver

Comment

Working...
                              X