This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghostbusters for Nuclear Power!

Ok, so, as everyone knows, Denver hosted the DNC this year, and I'm damn lucky I had no reason to be downtown (I live in Aurora, CO, really close, the cities touch). Well, we had some very special protesters, or should I say "Fauxtesters"?

This was brought to my attention by the organizer, who frequents the NDK forums, which I also frequent. He and about 8 friends decided to dress up as the Ghostbusters, to do a parody protest (since, as you might guess, you can't cross the street without being handed over 9000 pamphlets). A parody protest that just happens to support their true views, in this case, nuclear power, and how better to do it than dress up as the Ghostbusters?

Now that I've given you a bit of unnecessary backstory, have a post from another forum about it by the organizer (not the same forum I found out about it, but one that has the same content and that allows youtube vids to be posted)!

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=2271870

Makes me wish I was clever enough to get a crew of pirates together to support "free trade."
    Pretend there's something here that sounds insightful, but is really just some pseudo-intellectual bull.

I like it! Very creative.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

that was the best and the guy from Washington was taking them seriously.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth Skrae View Post
        He and about 8 friends decided to dress up as the Ghostbusters, to do a parody protest (since, as you might guess, you can't cross the street without being handed over 9000 pamphlets). A parody protest that just happens to support their true views, in this case, nuclear power, and how better to do it than dress up as the Ghostbusters?
        I'm not big on nuclear power, but I must admit, this was very clever. Very well done!
        Quoth Skrae View Post
        Makes me wish I was clever enough to get a crew of pirates together to support "free trade."
        Maybe you could get some folks from the Portland Pirate Festival to help out?
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          Maybe you could get some folks from the Portland Pirate Festival to help out?
          I am nowhere near Portland, and as a poor college student, I highly doubt I will be.
          Pretend there's something here that sounds insightful, but is really just some pseudo-intellectual bull.

Comment

I would have to have seen that in person. I would have gladly gotten pics of and with them. All the while being jealous that they have a proton pack on. That would be kick ass to have
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Very nice! I want the Ghostbusters car. There are some guys who go to midnights at the Mayan in Denver who have a perfect replica, and also a hearse with a flamethrower on top, but the guys are pretty much asses and expect people to go all weak in the knees over their cars and beg to have their babies.

On a related note.... *hands over sealed envelope, gets all serious voiced* I'm here to inform you that as a Colorado CSer, you have been drafted to attend all future Colorado CS meetups. Please report to FenigDurak for all your uniform needs *ducks sewing implements thrown by a very busy play-directing Fen* and to KhirasHY for your barracks assignment *ducks shurikens hastly fashioned from hotel room keys, thrown by a very busy guest-booting Khiras* and I will handle your enrollment in boot camp Nephy's baby shower planning committee.

*turns and marches away to recruit any other CO lurkers*
              My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

http://www.gbfans.com/community/ Everything you could possibly want to know about building the props. There's also a thread about this very topic with pics and at least one video.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                X