Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This rumor is probably BS, but if it's not, trust the guy! Look what he did with the first two movies. He's probably screwing with the press for shits and giggles, but hey, he could be onto something. If anyone could make Cher a good Catwoman, it'd be Nolan.
    My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

That's odd. I thought Nolan had said that he'd ruled out ever using Catwoman as a villain, along with the Penguin. Something about how they'd clash with his realistic approach to Gotham and all that.

Aside, Cher sounds like an odd choice, but as TPG said, so did Ledger, and he was nothing short of brilliant. But still, my initial reaction to Cher is still a resounding 'ew . . .' although she'd probably be a heck of a lot better than Jolie, that so many fans seem to be clamoring for

As for Depp as Riddler, no. Just . . . no. Don't get me wrong, Johnny is a wonderful actor and I enjoy watching him, but he's done an awful lot of eccentric roles as of late, and I'm afraid we'd just be seeing Johnny Depp and not the Riddler. Now, Michael Emerson, on the other hand . . .
      The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth LadyBarbossa View Post
        As for Depp as Riddler, no. Just . . . no. Don't get me wrong, Johnny is a wonderful actor and I enjoy watching him, but he's done an awful lot of eccentric roles as of late, and I'm afraid we'd just be seeing Johnny Depp and not the Riddler. Now, Michael Emerson, on the other hand . . .
        David Tennant once said that he'd love to play The Riddler. He does mania well, I think he'd be interesting in the role.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
          Cher could either be really good or really bad as Catwoman. It all depends on how they portray her.

Nolan says that he wants Cher to portray Catwoman like a vamp in her twilight years, old, mad and decrepit.

When Nolan wanted to cast Heath Ledger and the Joker, he got a lot of flack. People said nobody could out-Joker Jack Nicholson. But look what Heath did with it!

Cher does happen to be an Oscar winning actress. When she's given good material, she's great.

I'm interested to see what they do with her.
          If it's anything like Sunset Boulevard I'll be delighted.

[spoilers]
          They already killed off the only strong female role that's been in the series so far; I'll be quite disappointed if the second is there just to sexpot it up. [/spoilers]

Comment

my all time favorite catwoman will always be Julie Newmar (kudo's if you know what version she played without checking the link!)
            It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Working...
            X