X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Kara: Let's hope they have chicken then

Comment

LOL ok so now that I know what's going on (and have DH filled in and the DVR programmed to record History channel tonight), HIYAS!

Is it bad that the first thing that went through my head was "OH man I wonder what fstdt has go gem wise?!" I'm a bad bad person.
      Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080910/ap_on_sc/big_bang

Well, we're not dead. I have to admit that I feel a little relief, but I'm also kind of surprised that nothing fell off the machine and broke before the experiment could begin. Lowest bidder build, after all.

But yeah, there ya go.
        "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Color me impressed, it actually worked!

We watched the whole thing on History last night, it was very interesting!
          Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

I'm more interested in the related technologies that will come of this.

Given that when CERN wanted to share data without printing it out, they invented the WWW I want to see what will happen with the Grid that thy have created for actually processing the data they produce.

And i would like them to round up all the scientists who claimed it would blow us all to the back of beyond, make them sit and watch it and then publicly apologise for being numpties.
            Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

Comment

Thing is, they weren't doing any partical collisions today, they were essentially doing a 'shakedown' test to make sure it all worked, hell they only used a portion of the track, next year however is when they start crashing molecules together.
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Nothing was going to happen today because they aren't colliding anything yet.

Call me back in October when they actually fire it up, not just test it. :P
                Those who are loudest about their qualifications, tend to have the least merit to their claims.

Comment

You can always keep up with the story by checking Has the Large Hadron Collider destroyed the Earth yet.com
                  Lack of freedom can be measured directly by lack of stupid. --Penn Jillette

Comment

Probably the same as Y2K and the Manhattan Project (They thought it might set the sky alight) I.E Nothing at all. Yes, a black hole may be created, but it'd be so tiny and last for so little time (a fraction of a fraction of a second) that nothing catastrophic at all will happen.
                    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth KaeZoo View Post
                      You can always keep up with the story by checking Has the Large Hadron Collider destroyed the Earth yet.com

I dont think Id be able to get to the site before it said YES

But that made me LOL...

Comment

Two things, A) Isn't the real stuff not starting until October? and

B) First time I read that, I saw Large Hardon Collider, and thought "Well, they're making my bedroom life public now... that's interesting"
                        Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

It's broken:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science....ap/index.html
                          Quote Dalesys:
                          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
                          X