Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aw Hell No!! Will Smith as Captain America?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aw Hell No!! Will Smith as Captain America?

http://movies.ign.com/articles/908/908539p1.html

Oh wait:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38258

Why did I have an inkling Spike Lee's name would be dragged into the shenanigans?

Actually, I was rather impressed with him as Hancock. I've never really read CA, so I don't know much about the character. I would have watched it had been got the part, though.

Rapscallion

Comment

Captain America was a superhero who kicked the crap out of the Nazis.
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I knew that part, more or less, but it's the more detailed things that I don't know, nor do I care about them. His character, his background, and his motivations - all that sort of thing. I still think Will Smith is a pretty good actor, so I don't see why he shouldn't have a go at the role.

Rapscallion

Comment

Scrawny kid wants to join the army to fight the nazis, rejected because he's weak. Given offer to join a secret project for the military and is fed chemicals that make him into a super-soldier. Scientist who came up with chemicals is killed, thus Captain America is the only super-soldier created. America sends him to Europe to kick some ass.
          "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Why not Smith as CA? simple. Everything Smith has been in, he's had an ego to do things only for himself. Cap never has that ego. He does things for others. They can't make Smith fit the role and the role fitting Smith is just plain WRONG! I could see him as luke cage with some body building, or blade possibly, but not Cap.
            Last edited by lordlundar; 09-10-2008, 05:12 AM.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Everything Smith has been in, he's had an ego to do things only for himself.
              Six Degrees ... Ali ... yeah, a total prick, ain't he?

I agree he's an egotistic guy, but he has also done many serious roles, and performed them well.

Comment

The Captain was a genetically modified blond-haired, blue-eyed caucasion who fought the Nazis, a group trying to create a race of genetically superior blond-haired, blue-eyed caucasions... Wait. What?
                Expect great things, but you'll get what you get.

PossJB

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                  Why not Smith as CA? simple. Everything Smith has been in, he's had an ego to do things only for himself. Cap never has that ego. He does things for others. They can't make Smith fit the role and the role fitting Smith is just plain WRONG! I could see him as luke cage with some body building, or blade possibly, but not Cap.
                  Or John Stewart (aka Green Lantern) or hell, Falcon or Black Panther if we want to keep it in the Marvel Universe.

What next? Make Deadpool more PC friendly for the kiddies?

Comment

I actually do feel like I recall there being a black Captain America in some sort of alternate dimension...something like Egypt had conquered America before Europe did and it was called the United State of Assyria or some such word...

That's a stretch, I know.

I don't know, Cap always kind of struck me as a douchebag (I can't say why, he just did), so I'd be curious to see what Will Smith could do with him. (Actually, I think Chris Jericho would be perfect for the role, but who's counting?)
                    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
                      I
                      I don't know, Cap always kind of struck me as a douchebag (I can't say why, he just did)
                      Heh. Did ya read Ultimate.. umm. Ultimates issule 9? WHen Captain found out that Giant Man beat Wasp? Beat the living crap outta him. All the while screaming at him to grow big. So that it be a fair fight. After all, giant man can only hit people smaller and /weaker/ then him.

(Though we all know Wasp is far cooler and stronger then he'd ever be. Giant man is bo-ring!).
                      Military Spouse Support.
                      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

well lets put this in a rational sense
                        ERA- 1940s... blackman.... i cant go on
                        Aditude- i like will smith, but will smith is better for the Flash aditude wise.
                        Physique-...... 10 of 10 yes i would do will smith
                        Leadership- now will smith is a able to play that leader but well this guy needs to be hard and unforgiving at times, no not a will smith character.
                        Fans- I have to say i love captian america hes cool, if will smith was captain america... i would not go to see the movie and banish anyone form my life who would.

Comment

Cap needs to be blonde-haired and blue eyed. It's just part of who Cap IS.

Nick Fury black? Sure.

Green Lantern black? Done before, do it again. Works.

Black Panther black? Better be!

Iron Man black? Can you say War Machine?

But, Cap? No. Sorry. No.

That's like casting Halle Berry as Storm!
                          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
                            That's like casting Halle Berry as Storm!
                            How? Storm is black, Halle Berry is black.

Also, to an earlier post, there was one prior experiment with the super-soldier serum before Steve Rogers. On, of course, a black man. Who later went by the name "US Agent".
                            Those who are loudest about their qualifications, tend to have the least merit to their claims.

Comment

Quoth Arcade Man D View Post
                              How? Storm is black, Halle Berry is black.
                              Storm is African. Halle Barry is half African American and refused to even speak in an accent.

Comment

Working...
                              X