Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if you thought kids these days were bad....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you thought kids these days were bad....

wait until you read this article....

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/28575099.html

this happened not too far from me,. the house i used to live in, was real close to it. also on the news tonight, there was a story about a 15 year olf who attacked a woman for her iPod. and they caught him too. he had been in trouble with the police before.....

They should start prosecuting juveniles like this as adults. That'll make them shape up, just like the 2 kids who tried to rob the Port St Lucie police station.

So, is this the price of someone's life now? An X-Box?

I'm glad I have protection trained dogs.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

They should be tried as adults. 14 and 15 is damn well old enough to know what they're doing and what the consequences will be.

XBoxes aren't that expensive or hard to come by.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Both have been charged as adults with first-degree intentional homicide and armed burglary, both as parties to the crime. Each teen is being held on $1 million cash bonds

Comment

Our court system needs to start trying kids as adults in cases like this or else it will only get worse. Kids like this think that they can (literally) get away with murder just because they are under 18 so there is no accountability since they are not being held responsible.

Of course, we know this won't happen because some defense attorney will step on saying that they didn't plan to kill the owner of the X-Box, they were just some poor kids who are victims of society and were "defending" themselves when the homeowner viciously attacked them (while they were trying to rob him - and yes, this is robbery). I've been on jury duty, I've seen how low some lawyers can go, even going as far as accusing the victim of assault.
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

This forum is not meant as a place for commentary about the court system. Feel free to pick it up over at Fratching.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Working...
            X