X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 27 year old caught after throwing a shih-tsu out a 3rd story window

He deserves the maximum for this!

http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer...a1kj5.app23b#1

On that day, Farah Benoit returned to the Brooklyn apartment she had shared with former boyfriend Sherman Haynes to collect her belongings, including her three-year-old shih tzu, Zahara. Haynes would not allow Benoit into the building and began tossing her possessions—including clothing and a heavy cabinet—out of his third-floor window. Witnesses stated that Haynes grabbed Zahara by the throat and then threw the canine to the sidewalk below.

Benoit rushed Zahara to Manhattan’s Animal Medical Center, but with multiple broken legs, collapsed lungs and internal bleeding from the impact, the 15-pound dog soon succumbed to her injuries.

Haynes fled, and for a year avoided both the NYPD and HLE investigators seeking to question him. However, HLE continued to work the case, striving to pinpoint Haynes’s location. His use of a social networking website, plus information from the U.S. Postal Inspection Service and the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles, ultimately led ASPCA Special Agent Peter Rivas to the door of Haynes’s new Manhattan apartment, where he was arrested on September 5, 2008.

Haynes was arraigned the following Friday and charged with aggravated animal cruelty, a felony. He also was charged with reckless endangerment, reckless endangerment of property, menacing, criminal possession of a weapon and criminal mischief. The NYPD slapped him with an additional charge of aggravated harassment for an unrelated incident. Haynes, 27, faces up to seven years in prison for the combined charges.
    In NY - animal officers do have the power to arrest people which I think should be the same everywhere else (most cities they cannot - they are mainly glorified dog chatchers).
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

That guy better burn in Hell for that.
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
      That guy better burn in Hell for that.

That's going too easy for what he did.

Unleash the hell hounds on his ass and let them throw him out of a third story window over and over for all of eternity.

Let him feel his legs break. Let him feel his lungs collapse. Let him feel his internal organs fail one by one. Let him wither in pain as the pup did and get scared as he is rushed to the vets. Poked and prodded until he dies.

Rinse and repeat.
      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Remind me not to piss you off, Draggar.
        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Just as I thought my view of the human species couldn't sink any lower...

I believe that MSPCA officers also have the power to make arrests. I always wanted to be an "animal cop", until it became clear that it would be too tempting to do to the perps what they do to animals.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

There was a blip on the NY animal cops show with one of the cops talking about emotions getting into it and she had to toughen up. I think it would be more debilitating than people-crim cop work as the perps get off on technicalities or what-not.

I'm with Draggar - I've always been a fan of "eye for an eye" for animal cruelty cases. Let them see what it FELT LIKE to have that done to you.

Comment

Okay, the guy's scum, but we *do* have a no violence policy on the board here, so dial it back.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Thank you, Broomjockey. I was about to make a similar reminder.
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                  Okay, the guy's scum [snip]
                  Hey! Don't insult scum by comparing it to this monster!
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                    There was a blip on the NY animal cops show with one of the cops talking about emotions getting into it and she had to toughen up.
                    I can't even watch Animal Cops on TV. I see the abused, starved animals and start crying. I could never be an animal cop, I'd go insane after a couple of days.

I hope they give that bastard in the OP the maximum.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                      There was a blip on the NY animal cops show with one of the cops talking about emotions getting into it and she had to toughen up.
                      We humans are so weird. We can hear about bombings, murders, war, disease, and so on where people are injured and killed all day and we don't feel much for it (we do feel something, but that's it). One story about a shih-tsu being killed and everyone stops t cry about it.

We humans (in general) have an odd relationship with mother nature, even if we don't admit it. Just look at the movie "I Am Legend".
                      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

People like that monster disgust me!
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                          We can hear about bombings, murders, war, disease, and so on where people are injured and killed all day and we don't feel much for it (we do feel something, but that's it). One story about a shih-tsu being killed and everyone stops t cry about it.
                          I don't know. Animal abuse disgusts me, because I don't like to see any creature suffer pointlessly, but I get just as upset, if not more, when I hear of atrocities against humans.

I don't like to see any kind of senseless murder, pain or suffering be it human or animal.
                          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I dunno Ree.
                            I mean, I watch Bones pretty religously, and I rarely get upset about what happens to the people. However, the last episode I watched involved dog-fighting, and I ended up crying by the end of it....

Back OT, I believe karma will bite this guy in the ass. Hopefully his cellmate is a big animal lover....
                            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                              Back OT, I believe karma will bite this guy in the ass. Hopefully his cellmate is a big animal lover....
                              Maybe the shih-tsu will come back as a Schutzhund III named Karma...
                              Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                              X