This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, yeah, THAT wil work great...

PETA to Ben and Jerry's: Replace cow's milk with breast milk!

http://www.wptz.com/news/17539127/detail.html
    Testing
    "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

PTEA is just a huge attention whore. Why don't they take all of their ill-spent monpy pissing people off and send it to animal shelters to REALLY help animals? How about going after people who treat their animals like crap? How about educating people on spay / neuter?

Oh I could go on and on...
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

PETA is pure fratching bait, folks. Discuss the merits of the instance in question if you like, but if you want to paint a whole organisation as loonies, then head to Fratching where I'll join in.

Rapscallion

Comment

PETA and Ben and Jerrys

Apparently PETA wants B&J to switch cows milk out with breast milk. Please tell me I'm not the only one who is making a face at this?

Story Here from Yahoo

I can see the basis from this, really I can. Cow Milk in many areas is completely unusable due to culture biology and stomach chemistry. But to switch it to breast milk, where exactly do they think they are going to get enough to make the amount of ice cream they make now?!

Comment

Apparently there's a restaurant somewhere that actually has human breast milk that's used for their "dairy" (the women are paid for it).

Comment

What a bunch of boobs.

I shudder to think from where they propose the fudge to come from.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I don't think Breast Milk reacts the same way that cows milk does in a ice cream recipe.

I've never tried it, but I sure as hell don't want to find out!

Please, Ben&Jerry, don't make me stop eating your delicious ice cream!
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

B&J gave PETA the 'cold' shoulder.

A news group here in Sydney was talking to a expert on food science and they said that with the multitudes of different woman and the way breast milk is made for THEIR babies, it would be next to impossible to make a similear tasting batch of ice cream every time.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                  Apparently PETA wants B&J to switch cows milk out with breast milk. Please tell me I'm not the only one who is making a face at this?
                  I think it's just another high-visibility publicity stunt on PETA side. They like to do stupid shit like this out to draw attention to themselves.

I saw a bunch of these idiots at a mall, outside of a leather store. I was there, wearing my leather trench at the time (I don't remember why I was there at the time) and one of them confronted me and asked me if I knew exactly what happened to the "poor animal" that my coat came from. I told him it was probably eaten. He looked shocked, and I told him I felt it was the perfect use for our food animals.

He then asked (I use the term loosely) if I knew who PETA was. I looked at his sign and asked: "People Eating Tasty Animals?" (not mine, I picked it up on another forum somewhere).

Before he could get any more worked up, the police arrived to break up the group, and he scuttled off. Not enough conviction to get himself arrested for his cause I suppose...

Eric the Grey
                  In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Threads based on links go in the Check It Out forum.

We also have this going on at Fratching. Some pretty good facts pointed out on there I'm too lazy to paste onto here.

I personally find it hilarious. Good luck trying to find enough women willing to do it.
                    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

@ Greenday; Dude, that's what the report button is for. Incase a topic is in the wrong area, it can be moved. Mods aren't psychic, ya know.

*does so*

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
                      He then asked (I use the term loosely) if I knew who PETA was. I looked at his sign and asked: "People Eating Tasty Animals?" (not mine, I picked it up on another forum somewhere).
                      Eric, I love you. I'll be borrowing that line if I ever run into anyone from PETA.
                      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
                        Threads based on links go in the Check It Out forum.
                        And hence, the Lord thy Raps created the Report Button on the 8th day.

Although, I'm solely tempted to close the whole thread down right now, and ask that this whole thing get taken to Fratching. Animal's rights, vegetarianism, the limits of protest, women's rights, marketing, and consumerism are all possible subjects for argument based on this one article.

EDIT: I see that there IS a thread started on Fratching. Problem solved!
                        I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Working...
                        X