This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Misty View Post
    The other things mentioned are definitely grounds for termination, but I don't think the singing part should be grounds for hiring or firing someone. If you have a loyal and hardworking employee (or potential employee with great references) who is terrific except for the singing part, should you just cast them aside? If you applied that same logic to choosing a mate or a career, you would never find either.
    If part of your job is being silly and singing when you get tips, then yes, it should be grounds for termination/not hiring. They aren't terrific if they don't enjoy the company atmosphere.

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
    Which needs to be stopped immediately. I go into an Ice Cream Shop to buy ice cream, not be serenaded by tone-deaf teenagers who can't even get the words to "This Land Is Your Land" right or sing that JibJab Animation instead.
    So don't tip them or go to a different ice cream shop.

Comment

OK...Anriana, you obviously feel strongly about the "singing for tips" policy of this company. I get the impression you are employed by them.

While I agree with your opinion - if that's the policy of a company, created with the intention of offering a 'fun' environment, then get over it if one doesn't like it, or go elsewhere - it could have been phrased a little better than it was.

Your wording is just a little antagonistic and could end up putting the quoted member on the defensive.

This thread is not about whether singing should be a condition of employment at a certain company.
      It's about some guy with an extremely appropriate name, who was forced to close his business because of suckiness all around.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Wait, they sing when you tip them?? No one ever sings to me.... But then again, i'd request a RickRoll....
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
          OK...Anriana, you obviously feel strongly about the "singing for tips" policy of this company. I get the impression you are employed by them.
          I'm not, I'm just annoyed by people who dislike the few remaining quirky restaurants.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
            But then again, i'd request a RickRoll....
            *jots down idea* BRILLIANT!!!

Comment

Working...
            X