Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microshaft finaly does something right!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microshaft finaly does something right!!!

M$ has filed lawsuits against the scareware bastards along with the WA states attorney. here and here
    as much as i dislike ms, they gain some cool points from this.
    This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
    my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

$100,000 per offence times how many infected computers? I had to clean up dozens of computers from the Antivirus XP 2008 scareware program. It wa s a pain but I never once had to buy their SW.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I'd prefer M$ if they did that for their customer's sake.

The problem is they are doing that to restore their good name. (Oh god I can't believe I typed this with a straight face)
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
        I'd prefer M$ if they did that for their customer's sake.

The problem is they are doing that to restore their good name. (Oh god I can't believe I typed this with a straight face)
        And money. I think people and / or companies should be able to sue them for the amount of work they had to do to correct their issue.
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Good grief, I get countless calls at work about people having their computers infected with those rogue MS Antivirus infections. Some of them were so bad that every attempt to download or even go to a website to download anti-virus software is blocked by the virus or the customer's computer is overtaken with the virus that I have to tell them to do reinstall windows. Finally, MS is doing something right!
          Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 10-03-2008, 03:28 PM.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
          X