This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair Dye Lawsuit

Blonde claims brown dye was in blonde box. Case is dismissed.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/odd_hair_scare_lawsuit
    Expect great things, but you'll get what you get.

PossJB

Speaking as someone who has used hairdye in the past, wouldn't it be easy to tell if it's brunette colour?? NOT to mention most boxes reccomend a patch/strand test for allergies...and you can normally tell the colour from that.
    As for her hair "never being able to go back to it's natural colour again" - drama queen much?

Here's a little something - HAIR GROWS!! *gasp*
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I can't imagine how insensitive you people are being to her. You have to realize that her mental capacity isn't all there so she is at the mercy of what the box says, well, actually shows.

She has a reputation to keep up as a blonde and now that she's a brunette people will now stop dumping down their conversations to her making it very hard for her to even go shopping.

And don't expect her to buy another box with the correct color because OMG that is such an inconvenience that she has to do it twice. Like, it should work the first time.

Like, OMG, you know, she no longer matches her chiuhaua OMG, she'll have to trade in the chiuhaua for a darker one until her blone grows back in and OMG, darker chiuhaua's are so out of style right now. Plus, being a brunette, she no longer matches her clothes and OMG have you SEEN the prices of designer jeans now? OMG! It's like those sweat shop kids in third world countries, like, Inidiana, are like, demanding so much money now, like, how much do they actually need now just to afford a bowl of rice?

OMG! You are so insensitive!

(BTW - this post was sarcastic incase anyone didn't tell).

Company - give her a coupon for two free boxes of hair dye - be done with it.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Hair dressers - gotta love them. (Which reminds me, I have to go make an appointment with mine to get a hair cut & hair dye).

Comment

As someone who has dyed her hair into every conceivable combination of natural hair colors under the sun (and a few unnatural ones)...yeah, I call bullshit. If she was a natural blonde, then she's probably not using bleach which is obviously way different than most dyes, but beyond that, yes, you can usually tell hair dyes apart by what color the mixture is. Red is kind of orangey-violet, brown and black are darker, and blonde dye is this unmistakable shade of PURPLE. I don't know why it's purple, but it has been in every box I've bought.

Admittedly, I don't do strand tests anymore, I just kind of toss it on there and go, but even if I messed it up, well, that's what a bottle of strong bleach and a week of high-intensity conditioning is for. And once the box is open, it's gonna be just about impossible to prove what bottle came out of it anyway. It very well could have been wrong, but she has no way of proving it.

Also, unless you've irreparably damaged your scalp (something bleach can do-which is why you're never supposed to bleach your hair completely to the roots without professional help-but not brown dye without some really bizarre allergy coming into play), your hair WILL grow back out. Cut it into a pixie and wait it out. Srsly.

Epic fail at every turn.
          "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
            blonde dye is this unmistakable shade of PURPLE. I don't know why it's purple, but it has been in every box I've bought.
            I think blonde dye has purple/blue in it so that the blonde/platinum shade is brighter, and not dull. I do stand to be corrected on this however...
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Charlotte Feeney of Stratford says she can never return to her natural blonde hue, a shock that left her so traumatized she needed anti-depressants.
              That's one heck of a dye to be able to make changes on the genetic level like that.
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Ahem.

One year ago, I dyed my platium blonde hair (I had been bleaching it since I was 11 or 12) super dark mohagany brown. Within weeks it was fading out to lighter and lighter shades of brown. After a few months, it was turning dark blonde....and then a little lighter and a little lighter......

I have went one year without dying my hair, in attempts to get my natural hair color back.

And one year later, I have my natural roots back, and they are about down to my ears. Somehow I got the two colors to match as close as they'd get without having to dye it again.

HAIR GROWS!
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Good thing the judge threw the case out; I'd have smacked her one otherwise.
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
                  X