Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An EW so bad even a pro consumer blog thinks he's a douche!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An EW so bad even a pro consumer blog thinks he's a douche!

http://consumerist.com/5062172/the-w...-ever-received

I wonder if any on this site have ever run into this guy.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

And he's a teacher... I'm afraid for our youth

He does make a somewhat legit point that some of the CSR's emails are a bit confusing do to how they are written, that said, there are much more polite ways to tell someone that you are having difficulty understanding them than telling them they need to go back to the fourth grade.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I guess now we know why so many people look down on teachers!

Comment

I think her saying he would have to be "born again" to develop manners is a polite way of saying she wishes he would die and come back as someone nicer.

I really don't think he is correct in assuming she meant becoming a born again Christian.
        Expect great things, but you'll get what you get.

PossJB

Comment

I hope that Mega EW got owned by the manager.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

wow ... the moron doesn't even understand that she didn't mean religion but that he'd have to go back to the beginning (child birth) and start over to fix his problems.

His poor kids!
            "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
              I hope that Mega EW got owned by the manager.
              Well, he kinda already got owned by the CS Rep.

...and "The Consumerist" as well.
              "It's not easy being evil in a world that's gone to Hell" ~ Anton LaVey

Comment

I'm sorry, sir. Your 'Entitlement Whore Club Member' card seems to have been declined.
                I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Okay, I recognize the creeps problem with the errors in the e-mails; clearly this person is an English Language student. ESL, so to speak. I spent quite a while in my early working days with such people. Very nice but some were unable to grasp certain aspects of the language properly -- Being an ESL myself, I maintain that English is a pain in the ass to learn.

The "born again" comment was the perfect insult. Freaking start your life over you overgrown baby!
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

If you click on the link for the reps Flickr page, she is Italian. I doubt that moron can speak a word of Italian, and as for him being a teacher, he would be the kind every kid is afraid to get.
                    Testing
                    "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Proof that a blind squirrel does find a nut once in a while.

Had that fuckface posted his complaint to PFB, the mods there would tell him "Thanks for your complaint! I hope Amazon gets in touch with you real soon!"
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Looking at this impartially I think they are BOTH wrong: The customer for being a condescending douche, and the customer rep. for engaging the customer in a pissing match as well those misspellings, both of which are unprofessional.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                          Being an ESL myself, I maintain that English is a pain in the ass to learn.
                          Being a native English speaker, I agree with you.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                            Looking at this impartially I think they are BOTH wrong: The customer for being a condescending douche, and the customer rep. for engaging the customer in a pissing match as well those misspellings, both of which are unprofessional.

I agree with this, but I can easily see why Paola might snap and want to respond to him in kind. He's a useless pud, and a whiney crybaby.

It's crap like this that makes me want to homeschool.

And yeah, English might be hard to learn, but someone (I can't remember who) said, correctly, that it's a great language because it refused to concern itself with the non-existant gender of tables. Or something like that.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                              I agree, for the most part.

I'm surprised that a company with the size and reputation of Amazon would employ someone with such poor spelling and grammar skills to communicate with customers via the written word. Telephone contact would have been a better choice for her in dealing with her customers.

And engaging the customer in his poor behaviour was unprofessional of her. Firing increasingly nasty e-mails back and forth makes her and the company look childish.

But it's the customer here who takes the cake. It's easy to understand why Paola reacted angrily at his insults. He's just a flat-out asshole, and Amazon should be glad to be rid of him.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Working...
                              X