This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• funny stuff

I don't know if anyone has ever been on the smoking gun website, but they have all sorts of neat-o, funny stories on there. Often, the post backstage riders for various touring concert acts...today, I read the funniest one I have ever read! It was for Iggy Pop and the Stooges.

ANyone not familiar with what a backstage rider is - it's a contract of sorts listing what the artist require of the venue they are playing at.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...1iggypop1.html
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

OMG! That is hilarious!

Comment

I think it was on snopes.com where I read that a lot of these groups put silly things into their riders, simply to see if the people are actually reading the contracts.

It said that Van Halen insisted on M&M's with the brown ones removed, and allegedly trashed the backstage because they didn't get it.

Apparently, according to David Lee Roth, the true story is that their equipment and stage settings were so heavy and elaborate, that, if the promoters didn't follow the specs, there could have been serious injury.
      They knew, if they took the time to get the M&M's right, they would have the stage setup right.

Supposedly, when they came to do a concert at one place, he found brown M&M's and trashed a dressing room all right, to the tune of about $12,000, but, because the company had not read the entire rider, the flooring was not appropriate, and the equipment sank into the flooring, causing a further $80,000, and the press ran with the story, attributing all the damage to them because of brown M&M's.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

That is very funny! Thanks for posting it.

Who says rock stars don't have a sense of humor?
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
        X