X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonderbra model quits after being told to lose two stone

http://www.brandrepublic.com/News/85...d-lose-weight/

You go, girl.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

No joke. I would buy a product that featured real women over one that just had bony models.
    Check out my cosplay social group!
    http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

*blinkblink*

How much does she weigh in pounds?
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

145lb

(Each stone is 14lb)
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

She's 145 lbs. Real fatty right there.

So who requires a
          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Hang on a tic - she weighs 145 lbs, and they want her to lose 28 pounds? That's just under 20% of her body weight...and 145lbs is a DAMN fine weight to be at...especially if you're 5'10". Dumbasses
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I gotta give props to her for what she did. We need more models with some meat on their bones and curves.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                145lb

(Each stone is 14lb)

Holy crap! Good thing she quit, my gawd!
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

The ironic part is they chose her as a part of a "real women" campaign... And then ask her to look like the other models. What the fuck is the point?

Comment

This is why I don't buy wonderbra in the first place...
                    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I don't buy it cuz I don't need it. But after reading this, even if I did I still wouldn't.

I agree with the std; just what is the point of choosing this girl to be part of a campaign to promote real models, then telling her that in order to keep her job, she has to starve herself?
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                        Hang on a tic - she weighs 145 lbs, and they want her to lose 28 pounds? That's just under 20% of her body weight...and 145lbs is a DAMN fine weight to be at...especially if you're 5'10". Dumbasses
                        I agree. Swimsuit and underwear models need to be full (not mobile clothes hangers like clothing models). They need to be toned and are usually taller - that is a good weight for a taller woman who is toned / muscular (enough to still look feminine).
                        Quote Dalesys:
                        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

It was Wonderbra that chose her, and the modelling agency that told her to lose weight. Not the folks at Wonderbra.

Makes me wonder what else is to this story. It leaves questions.

Did she have to quit the Wonderbra gig?

Was the Wonderbra gig a short term thing and now that it's over she was simply told she'd have to lose weight if she wanted more modelling work?

If the former, what did Wonderbra themselves actually have to say about this?

Too many questions here.

Comment

She weighs 145 or 10stone and they want her to lose more
                            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

concidering that yes a size ten is goood i persoanly have to say i love my curves and when i think that my "healthy" weight is get this between 102 and 130 i laugh my ass off.
                              M y dad use ot be really fit and weight 180 and was told he needed to lose 40 pounds.... he was playing foot ball working out 4 hours a day and eat a strickly controlled diet.
                              He laughed at the doctor and told him he rather not die.
                              That modeling agencny was stupid and need to realise that curves are sexy.
                              also itts stupid for the company too tell the agency they use only models at size 10 max (acording to the acency in the article)

Comment

Working...
                              X