X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clerks gone evil!

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=4673811

I never even thought to do this when I worked in food. I'll have to start drawing lines through the tip area when I'm not leaving a tip on my card.
    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

From my experience as a delivery driver I find what the worker did in very very poor taste and disgusting. even if times are bad that is no excuse to essencialy STEAL. esp now that economy is bad and customers are scrutinizing their bills and account very deeply.

I have TOOOO many people just sign the CC slip and hand it back to me with the tip and total lines blank. I then ask them to please fill in the total on the total line (can't say AND PLEASE for the love of GOD put a tip on there you cheap doucheswad) . I explain to them this is for your and my protection. if I were a person with low morals or ethics or had an manager with the same, one of us could put a $10 tip on there and pocket the money and unless you check your balance on the checking or credit card account every day we could walk away with free money in OUR pockets.

we did have that happen a few times with one waitress at my pizza place a couple of years ago. it happened enough "random" times with customers calling in to question their bill total. though a few times it seemed the SC just wanted their bill comp'ed to get out of paying the whole thing (some just smelled scam)

this is the reason esp when you sign a CC slip and you do not want to TIP either write the order totoal dollar amount in the total line or put a big fat 0 on the tip line.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

There are so many places that ask for a tip on the receipt even though there isn't a need for one (convenience stores, self service etc.). I always make sure I put in the total just to be sure and a line though the tip part.

There was a similar problem in NJ when I lived up there with gas stations (no self service in NJ). You'd fill up the car, it would come to $30 but they would right up $35, you'd sign it, they'd pocket the $5.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

you know... that's almost enough to make me go back to cash... almost...
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
          There are so many places that ask for a tip on the receipt even though there isn't a need for one (convenience stores, self service etc.). I always make sure I put in the total just to be sure and a line though the tip part.
          The reason for that is the system they use. Some systems come with that enabled by default, and the store either can't fix it or be bothered to fix it. Still probably a good idea to nix the tip in those cases.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

One of the nice features of Quicken is that it lets me download transactions from my bank and do the balancing for me. (some banks charge for this, but mine doesn't).

Any time there is a discrepancy, I can double check it and make sure it's right. Haven't run across this though, they're usually my fault...

Eric the Grey
            In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Working...
            X