X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wal-Mart loses class action

I think this goes here:

The world's largest retailer, Wal-Mart, has been ordered to pay at least $78m (£42m) in compensation to workers who were forced to work during breaks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6050022.stm
    I think, therefore I am. But I am micromanaged, therefore I am not.

Sorry, belongs in Check it Out!.
    "I live in Los Angeles, and I was on the walk of fame. I was drunk, and I got a henna tattoo that says, 'Forever.'" -Zack Galifianakis

Call Sophia Moore or Kent E. Ryder for a good time!

Comment

i wonder how much each worker will get and how it compares to the wages they lost out on/time passed since then
      i would guess its not what it should be but hey at least its something i guess

Comment

Wow, on this side of the pond you can and will get writen up for working off the clock. I wonder what other stuff the UK stores do that ours don't?
        "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

um, guess you didnt notice, its a verdict issued from a pennsylvania court

Comment

Quoth KuzcoLlama View Post
            Sorry, belongs in Check it Out!.
            Ah. Sorry...
            I think, therefore I am. But I am micromanaged, therefore I am not.

Comment

All is well!

Back on topic, I'm glad they lost. For once, something should not be just hush-hush and slid under the table. Let the world know that even the mighty, can fall when tiny people poke at it with sticks.
              "I live in Los Angeles, and I was on the walk of fame. I was drunk, and I got a henna tattoo that says, 'Forever.'" -Zack Galifianakis

Call Sophia Moore or Kent E. Ryder for a good time!

Comment

Working...
              X