This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghostbusters: The Video Game trailer

After Activision said "this won't make enough money" (o rly?), Atari has picked up the torch and run with it.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/56185 *fangirl squee, gets looked at by muses like she's completely nuts* I can haz game now kthx?
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Looks pretty good! And they're doing a PS2 version, which means we'll be able to get a copy (yes, I know, we're behind the times). I'm willing to give it a try.

Nice to see they didn't forget Winston this time.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Yup. The Wii character renderings look very bizarre after seeing the other game footage...too cartoony/blocky IMO. I do hope there will be customization for your character...Myst Uru had customization that wasn't complex and looked pretty good.

Initially I was pissed about the delay, but now it's so worth it. All I ask now are system requirements for the PC version (I'd really like to know in advance if I need a new graphics card).

Love Ray's line: "It wasn't me this time, I swear."

Comment

As it stands, I'm just thankful the games are still going to be made. I was not a happy camper when Activision said no thanks.

I wish publishers would think these things through. Lucas abandoned the Sam and Max remake to focus on their Star Wars franchise. Last one out of them that I liked was the Lego one, while The Adventure Company is making oodles off of the S&M franchise.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Activision seems to want to stay with the "safe" franchises that they can continue to exploit year after year. Given that the first Ghostbusters games pretty much put them on the map, I was surprised at that move.

Quoth Activision CEO Bobby Kotick
          “(those titles) don’t have the potential to be exploited every year on every platform with clear sequel potential and have the potential to become $100 million dollar franchises. … I think, generally, our strategy has been to focus… on the products that have those attributes and characteristics, the products that we know [that] if we release them today, we’ll be working on them 10 years from now. …You still need to have production of new original property but you have to do it very selectively… the focus at retail and for the consumer is to continue to be o the big narrow and deep high profile release strategy… We’ve had enough experience that I think the strategy we employ is the most successful.”
          The only thing I might be worried about is some nefarious copy-protection scheme like Sony has tried before.

Comment

Sounds like they have all the actors in on it, and even include Walter "D*ckless" Peck from the EPA.
            Testing
            "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

I wonder what I'd have to do to get in as a game tester...? Assuming there's some local to me, that is.

Comment

More; in-game footage this time.

http://www.gamesradar.com/video/v-20081204163152515047

Comment

The funny thing about Activision snubbing the game is that they were the producers of the FIRST Ghostbusters video game back in the 1980's. I also find it interesting that the company which picked it up was the latest incarnation of the company that the founders of Activision used to work for: Atari.
                  "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

I didn't know that tidbit about the founders...heh. I read a statement by Atari's CEO that he wants to rub this in Activision's face by way of huge sales figures....a couple hundred fans on two of my forums are all too willing to help.

Comment

I'm surprised Sony didn't try to snatch it up and make it console exclusive.
                      "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

The green pack reminds me of a movie line:

"Hey, Egon. Here's your mucus."
                        I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

I wonder if you can slime other players in co-op mode (sadly I think only the Wii version will have true multiplayer)

Comment

Working...
                          X