Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man gets upset at rowdy moviegoer, SHOOTS THE GUY!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man gets upset at rowdy moviegoer, SHOOTS THE GUY!

and of course this happened in Philly...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28401781/?GT1=43001
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Let's just hope he picked an appropriate time in the movie to cap his ass...like when the tugboat runs into WW2 enemy fire.

Oh, I'm going to hell.
    The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

What an idiot. I suspect he had a few emotional problens to actually shoot someone for talking in a movie.

Hopefully the victims will fully recover.

Comment

I'm not surprised this happened, and frankly, I'm more surprised that it doesn't happen MORE OFTEN! There are WAY too many people that don't know how to behave appropriately in a movie theater. From leaving their cell phone ringer on and ANSWERING THE PHONE DURING THE MOVIE and having a conversation, to bringing young children that will NEVER be able to sit through a movie without causing a scene, to having LOUD conversations in the middle of the movie, there are a LOT of people that are LUCKY they haven't been shot!

In fact, if I could be ANY comic book superhero, I'd choose to be the Incredible Hulk, just so I could give those asshats their just desserts when they act up in a movie I'm watching!

I can picture it now... "Film-goer thrown through movie screen by not so jolly green giant, film at 11!"
        Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 12-29-2008, 05:04 PM.
        "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
        --StanFlouride

Comment

I have always had the fear of being shot in a movie theatre...seriously never thought it would happen, but holy hell. Now I know Im not crazy.

The victims' kids must be traumatized. I can imagine them never going to the movies again. OR having to have therapy immediately afterwards.

Comment

I'll bet the guy who got shot never talks during a movie again...
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
              I have always had the fear of being shot in a movie theatre...
              Why? What do you do to piss off every other person there?

If nothing, I think we may have an ungrounded fear here.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                What an idiot. I suspect he had a few emotional problens to actually shoot someone for talking in a movie.

Hopefully the victims will fully recover.
                Agreed.

Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
                I'm not surprised this happened, and frankly, I'm more surprised that it doesn't happen MORE OFTEN! There are WAY too many people that don't know how to behave appropriately in a movie theater. From leaving their cell phone ringer on and ANSWERING THE PHONE DURING THE MOVIE and having a conversation, to bringing young children that will NEVER be able to sit through a movie without causing a scene, to having LOUD conversations in the middle of the movie, there are a LOT of people that are LUCKY they haven't been shot!
                I wonder what Miss Manners would say about a well timed dumping of soda on said person's head?
                Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

While some people are rude in a theatre, I have never heard of any reason why someone should be SHOT over it.

I admit I am a movie talker with my best friend. However, in our defense, we always go in the middle of the day, weeks after the movie is out, and sit way away from everyone else (usually there's less than 20 people in the theatre), so in the end, we're not disturbing anyone anyway.

Comment

http://www.moviemake-out.com/2008/12...-jr-folk-hero/

has a somewhat better reporting of the event, I think. It seems that the father stood up to confront Cialella and then things got physical before he was shot in the arm.

Not saying it was justified or anything, but it wasn't just a case of "Stop talking!"*bang*
                    Flood

Comment

Working...
                    X