X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Target boots customer for comparison shopping

Basically what the title says...

http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2009/0...438x1201053429
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

i don't really see the problem here, and i think the article title was worded in a misleading and inflammatory way. i don't think the issue was comparison shopping, but this (emphasis mine):

The application lets users check the price of an item at local stores and online by simply taking a picture of the barcode.
    target, like many other retailers, has a policy against taking pictures or using electronic recording devices in the store without management permission. this policy (at least at my local targets) is posted on the front door, along with the no solicitation policy, etc., and is also posted in the customer service area. target employees are well within their rights to ask someone to leave for violating this policy, though personally i would ask someone to cease their activities first, then eject them if they continued; this could well be the case, as there isn't enough information in the article to say one way or the other.
    My Space

Comment

I'm pretty sure a lot of stores around here, especially supermarkets, actually have advertising up that yes, price comparisons are banned.

You can 'remember' what you like. You can carry in the Target flyer to Walmart and look at Target's price while you check out Walmart's shelf. But they don't like it if you take in a notepaper and pen and write down the price of 20 Walmart items so that you can compare to what Target charges for the same things.

So this wouldn't surprise me in the least. Especially with the "must take photo of barcode" part of the technology, which does break most store's rules against taking photos on their premises.

Comment

Heh - one of the local supermarkets (big national one - begins with T) has its own pricemark comparisons on the shelves. Mind you, I've never seen one where it's shown the competition as having lower prices...

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
        X