X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God people are stupid

http://consumerist.com/5123592/ace-h...-male-adapters

Male on male adapters
    Last edited by candyshopgirl; 01-05-2009, 06:39 PM.

Once, while connecting a TV set to an outlet point for an antenna on the roof, I found myself in need of a male-to-female adapter to connect the antenna cable to the TV. And in need of a female-to-male adapter to connect the other end of the cable to the point in the wall.

Being already in possession of one adapter, I *almost* went out and bought the other one until I realised I could just switch which end of the cord plugged into what.

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
      Male on male adapters
      now, that is my type of adapter
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I wonder if any Darwin Awards were won by idiots who tried this?

Comment

what no female on female adapters i feel left out!!!!!!!!!

Comment

actually... I've used Male-Male and Female-Female adapters... just not ones for electricity!

I use to use special coax with BNC adapters # 20 & 21.

but oy... electricity?

actually i did that once too ... by accident. I was using 3-phase 115, 400hz and found out the hard way that one of our plugs could fit in on the wrong side... i didn't realize it but i'd managed to plug the damn thing in prongs to prongs... something like this not not as good looking.

freaking put 115V on the case of the gear i was working on. found out when i touched the case and was like "ow!"

Comment

In the world of electricity and electronics, there are some very colourful names. For example, an extension cord with 2 male plugs (the kind ACE is refusing to sell) is known as a "death cord", because a male plug sitting in the open obviously isn't carrying any voltage, but this type of cord is the lethal exception to that rule.

Technicians need a "cheater cord" to power up a radio/TV when the back panel is removed (as a safety measure, the cord is mounted to the back panel, so it unplugs from the chassis when you remove the back). Since there are a number of different plugs used on this interlock, some technicians use a universal cheater cord with a male plug at one end and a pair of alligator clips at the other. This universal cheater cord is known as a "fool killer".
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
              X