This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pilot fakes death

Soooo...yesterday I was calming watching some show on television when in the distance, I hear a lot of flight noise going on...some jets and then later on, the police helicopter from the neighboring county flies over.

Hm. So I got on the internet and there's been a plane crash nearby!

Today it turns out that the pilot bailed out of his airplane over north Alabama and set the plane on autopilot. He was trying to fake his own death because he is wanted on criminal charges.

The pilot had radioed ATC saying that he hit rough winds that broke his windshield and he was bleeding a lot. He didn't respond to ATC's suggestions to divert and make an emergency landing.

Check it here.

I'm just annoyed because that could have hit someone's house--and it nearly did. For all I know, it could have hit my house or any one of the people that live in that neighborhood. (I live about 2 or 3 miles from the crash scene, though.) Who knows what could have happen and who he could have killed. I'm just so angry from his carelessness and he has no regard for human life! Ugh!

I wonder what kind of extra charges he'll face now?
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Im surprised that since it crashed so close to homes that the air force didn't shoot it down.

"The plane crashed at 9:15 p.m. CT on Sunday in a swampy area of the Blackwater River in East Milton, Florida"
      Doesn't sound too swampy if its 2-3 miles from your house.

"After the call came in, military aircraft were dispatched to intercept the plane. The jets spotted the Piper and deployed flares to illuminate the plane as it was flying and noticed that its door was open and the cockpit was dark, according to the Santa Rosa authorities. The jets continued to follow the plane until it crashed."
      EDIT - missed this part of article.
      "The plane crashed Sunday night in a swampy area within 50 to 75 yards of some homes in East Milton, Florida, the sheriff's office said."

Once it appeared it was going to crash they could have gotten an idea of where it would hit, but it wouldn't be like, "it will crash right on this spot", more likely it will crash in this 5-10 mile area.
      Very risky for the people in that area. I'm glad your ok. A plane crashing 2 miles from your house is a damn close call considering.
      Last edited by Miyon; 01-13-2009, 01:15 AM.
      Miyon

Seduce, Let Loose, The Vision and The Void - Coil

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain - Blade Runner

Comment

Yes, it's actually near a lake, but to be honest I am not completely familiar with this part of town yet, as I moved here from my parents' temporarily...(though I spend a lot of time at home, LOL, right now I'm at my parents.) It's my sister's house, but it's still mine...er, okay, that make sense? (Waay off topic, sorry.) My parents house is approx. seven miles away.

And swamp land, meh, there's swamps everywhere, to be honest. It's more because it's right near the lake and there's lots of little rivers and whatnot.

It is still irritating that he could have killed someone else and he is causing our county to spend so much money investigating this and earlier, doing a search for him.

edit:

Story with map

My sister's house is southwest-ish of the crash site, without getting specific.
        Last edited by Rine; 01-12-2009, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Quoth Miyon View Post
          Doesn't sound too swampy if its 2-3 miles from your house.
          Quoth Rine View Post
          And swamp land, meh, there's swamps everywhere, to be honest. It's more because it's right near the lake and there's lots of little rivers and whatnot.
          It's Florida - you can go from housing development to complete swamp in a few hundred feet.

But still - they should nail his ass to the wall as hard as they can. He basically turned a plane into a scud missile, not caring where it crashed. I wonder if they can get some sort of terrorism charge against him?
          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

They are talking alot about him on the news here in Indiana because he is from this area - actually about 25 minutes from where I live. He was in big trouble for mishandling other peoples money. His wife just filed for divorce after all of his records and computers were confiscated. Guess he thought he could just pretend to be dead and not face the music.
            "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Why didn' the just send the plane out over the ocean or something? Or an area he knew it'd be shot down.... endangering innocent people

What's strange is.... he looks slightly familiar, name too, but I don't know why.

Comment

The news is really pissing me off over this. If it wasn't for the posting here you wouldn't know how close it crashed to HOUSES (you know, where people live) thus endangering tens of thousands of lives. Not a single peep from the news, they're making it sound like it crashed in the middle of nowhere.
                Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Yeah, that is irritating. There's nothing about how much danger he put a lot of people in. He knew when he jumped out of the plane that it was going to crash. He probably though it would hit the Gulf. No, instead, it landed not very far from houses.

If the plane had gone a little farther south, then there is an extremely high chance that it would have hit a house.

My county has not yet figured out what they want to charge him with...I hope it's something that fits the crime and the risk he put so many people from the time he bailed out to the time it crashed.

Comment

He's been caught! I hope they nail his rear to the wall (figuratively, speaking)
                    Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                    X