X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG, They killed Batman!

You Bastards!

Don't worry, it's only a comic book death. He'll be back eventually.
    One day I may forgive them for retconning spidey's marriage. Probably not until I get a shovel and an alibi.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

EDIT:

Did they forget that Superman is already dead??
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        EDIT:

Did they forget that Superman is already dead??
        Supes came back several months later.

You can't keep a good Kryptonian down, after all.

If Bruce Wayne is indeed dead, I hope he stays that way. Dick Grayson is supposed to take his place. I can't think of anybody more appropriate.

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
        One day I may forgive them for retconning spidey's marriage.
        That was one thing Marvel should have left alone.
        Last edited by Broomjockey; 01-17-2009, 01:45 PM. Reason: consecutive posts
        "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Didn't Batman already die once? Or get his back broken, or something?

Come on people, these comics are retconned so often that you might as well pretend every comic's just a dream, because there's no way to know if it will be canon even 5 years down the road. Supes has died more than once (I think the first was Doomsday, but I could be mistaken), Wolverine's died more times than he can count (for a humorous look at that, google "X-Men, Death Becomes Them"). Hell, is Cap still dead? I haven't been paying attention since that happened, so I don't even know. It's like Marvel and DC forgot how to make actual drama, so they just keep killing characters, then slapping in a retconn so that they're not actually dead, so they can kill them again later.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            Hell, is Cap still dead?
            Kind of. And that is one of the FEW super hero comic deaths they did well and that I believe will stick. Since Steve Rogers (Captain America) was not actually a "super hero" (his "powers" weren't really supernatural) someone else can become Captain America. His sidekick Bucky has taken over for him after his death, as were Rogers wishes. But the Captain America we think of, you know Steve Rogers and everything HE did, is dead and will most likely remain dead. I will be very upset if they bring him back. They did it very well -- the way this kind of death SHOULD be done.

*sigh*

Yep. I'm a dork.
            I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

Bane crippled him years ago. The whole Knightfall thing was kind of interesting. For a while, fans had been saying Batman needed to get bloodier and more violent and DC gave it to them with Bruce Wayne's stand in. The fans HATED it. After a while, they got ol' Bruce back.
              "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Morrison's already said it wouldn't be permanent.

Comment

Not sure on BatMan, but BatGirl did, and she became... the Prophetess...?
                  "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                    Not sure on BatMan, but BatGirl did, and she became... the Prophetess...?
                    Barbara Gordon was paralyzed in a graphic novel called The Killing Joke, which explores the origins of the Joker.

Comment

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
                      Barbara Gordon was paralyzed in a graphic novel called The Killing Joke, which explores the origins of the Joker.
                      And her new name is The Oracle, basically serving as an information nexus for heroes in Gotham. During No Man's Land, where Gotham was hit by a massive quake and sealed off from the rest of the world, She was keeping tabs on the zones int he city and gave updates at the start of the comics.
                      I AM the evil bastard!
                      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Wow... and I thought I was a comic book junkie!
                        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

You most likely are. I actually don't read the books too much. I was just curious about No Man's Land and did some research on it.
                          I AM the evil bastard!
                          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

but uh, then how the heck are they explaining batman beyond? If they wanted to kill batman, all they needed to do was just make him die of old age in that series lol.
                            Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
                            pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Quoth wraiths_crono View Post
                              but uh, then how the heck are they explaining batman beyond? If they wanted to kill batman, all they needed to do was just make him die of old age in that series lol.
                              BB was canon in the Timm-verse only. (every DCAU series from BTAS to JLU)

Comment

Working...
                              X